An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Market Operative to join a public sector organisation based in East London.
The role will be to support the organisation in the operation of weekly markets and various special events and to ensure that the market is running efficiently. The successful applicant will be required to assist, engage and implement a range of themed market days throughout the year.
The most suitable candidate would ideally have previous experience within a successful street market team and thorough knowledge of market services.
Key duties will include:
- Overseeing the day to day operation of the market and ensuring that is operates in an orderly, clean and safe manner
- Ensure the market and its accesses are clean and tidy prior to and at the end of the trading day
- Assisting with the setting up, shutting down and site tidiness of the market of the market on market days, including the allocation of spaces
- Act at all times in accordance with appropriate legislation and regulations, particularly Health and Safety, codes of practice, etc.
- Collect daily and weekly rent from traders. Account for regular sums of money, balance cash/cheques and PDQ payments
- Reconciling monies collected
- Work with stallholders, customers and others to answer queries, foster good relations and generally promote additional market events throughout the year
- Handle enquiries and incidents
- Updating spreadsheets for rent lists and finance reconciliation
- Assist the Market Manager to maximise Market income
- Assisting in the development of the market and the surrounding town centre
- Working closely with residents, keeping them up to date with changes in the high street and helping them with any complaints they have with the market traders
- Responsible for covering long working days from an early start time to late finish after traders have left the market, including weekends and bank holidays
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Market Operative
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.