HR Service Centre Team Leader
The purpose of this role is to support the HR Service Centre Manager with the day to day effective operational management and delivery of the employee lifecycle transactional processes. Ensuring the HR Shared Service function provides an exceptional, high-quality service to employees and managers; adhering to SLAs and complying with statutory requirements. Management responsibility for a team of HR Administrators including recruitment, training, objective setting and performance management, ensuring individuals have the skills and knowledge to deliver an efficient customer focused HR administration service.
This is a permanent role to begin asap and you will be based in Birmingham Business Park. There is no parking available on site so this site will need to be accessible to you via public transportation. Working hours are Monday-Friday 9:00-17:30.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and motivate the HR Service Centre team to deliver an exceptional service, ensuring team members have the skills and knowledge to deliver on agreed outcomes.
- Coach and develop HR Administrators, ensuring clear objectives are set and aligned with the broader HR strategic objectives and identifying any training needs
- Identify development opportunities for the HR Administrators, within the HR Service Centre and wider function.
- Proactively manage team and individual issues, including time and attendance, absence management and performance management.
- Manage team resource through effective capacity planning to ensure sufficient cover for operational requirements.
- Facilitate regular team meetings with the team, setting clear agenda items and ensuring follow up of agreed actions.
- Recruit and build an effective team.
- Manage the provision of timely, employee lifecycle transactional processes.
- Ensure effective resource management across the HR Service Centre team. Including analysis and monitoring of resource utilisation, volume metrics and day to day performance.
- Identify, make recommendations for and deliver service improvements using best practice, customer feedback and feedback from the team.
- Support the HR Administrators with cases/queries and escalations.
- Manage HR requests for sensitive populations, including HR for HR transactions, key new hires, and the Executive population.
- Support the provision of performance dashboards & analysis of customer satisfaction trends, late leavers and hires.
- Monitor and resolve non-compliance, complaint and critical management issues to resolution, escalating as appropriate.
Risk and Control Management
- Ensure compliance with employment legislation, internal policies, internal audit and best practice.
- Ensure a robust quality assurance framework is in place to monitor and audit employee data entry, which includes the monitoring of audit reports to ensure high quality and accurate entry of employee data into the HR System.
- Ensure end to end processes are documented in accordance with internal and external audit, risk and control standards.
- Ensure training manuals and procedures (SOPs) are developed and maintained.
HR Projects and Cyclical Activities
- Own and participate in various HR Projects as required, providing subject matter expertise and operations input to requirements.
- Share ideas and feedback on improving the customer experience. Act on any feedback received (positive and constructive) and put in place action plans to address areas of concern to enhance customer satisfaction and SLAs/KPIs.
- To support the HR Advisors on providing colleague information that is required as part of the resolution and management of ER issues.
- As part of a dedicated Human Resources team, you will work alongside the wider HR teams
The post holder must establish personal credibility. A high level of interpersonal skills is required for dealing knowledgably and helpfully with colleagues outside of the HR Service Centre.
Supervisory proficiency is needed by the post holder to co-ordinate members of the team maintaining a disciplined attitude.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience in an HR role, ideally working within an HR Shared Services team
- Previous experience of managing teams
- Strong stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills
- The ability to communicate confidently, clearly, concisely and exhibit strong listening skills
- Possess a good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Be able to competently use a HR system (use of OpenHR is a distinct advantage)
- Handle all issues in a fair and consistent manner
- Be well organised with strong attention to detail
- Provide a high quality level of customer service
- Have knowledge on employment legislation and policy
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy