Credit Controller - Higher Education
Credit Controller in Higher Education
Our client, a leading University based in central London are currently looking for a Credit Controller to join their team, assisting the section Supervisor as part of the student debt team to fulfil the responsibility of controlling debt management and ensure that unpaid debts within the assigned area are chased for payment in accordance with the College's credit policy, taking action where necessary to ensure that debts are kept to a minimum.
They are particularly looking for some level of experience (ideally no less than 1 year) in consumer collections and ability to handle a high volume of live accounts, taking into consideration that there are 31,000 students at the university.
They are looking for someone who is extremely enthusiastic, self-motivated and can demonstrate the ability to learn quickly what are a considerable number of policies and procedures.
- Location: Waterloo, London
- Pay: £14 per hour
- Type: Temporary, 35 hours per week, 9am-5pm
- Duration: 3 Months
- Start date: ASAP
In this role your accountability's and responsibilities:
- Ensure that unpaid debts within the assigned area are pursued within College policy and procedures.
- Have a professional manner in contacting customers regarding outstanding accounts.
- Liaise with other departments, staff and third parties to resolve queries in a timely and professional manner.
- Refer disputed items to the appropriate department for resolution and follow up as necessary in a timely manner.
- Be responsible for monitoring payment arrangements and extensions, where agreed by the manager, ensuring they are complied with and take appropriate action in the event of any default.
- Recommend to the section supervisor further action through County Court or outside agency where all previous efforts have failed to resolve the outstanding debt.
- Regularly check ledgers for maintenance and clearance of small balances or abnormal transactions and rectifying and occurrences of unmatched cash.
- Be responsible for processing over payments back to customers in line with college policy whilst being mindful of any exposure to fraudulent transactions or attempted money laundering.
- Ensure that correspondence and other queries received are actioned in a timely manner, and respond as required to queries from debtors or relevant members of College staff.
- Work with colleagues to ensure that individual and team objectives, set by the section supervisor, are achieved and contribute to overall team performance.
- Assist in other departmental duties as directed by the section supervisor.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Computer literate, with ability to use computerised accountancy system.
- Create spreadsheets and word documents, with Microsoft Word, Excel and related databases.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability and willingness to adapt to changing workloads and priorities.
- Experience of credit control in an education establishment.
- A minimum of two year's experience in a credit control environment.
- A confident professional telephone manner.
- Prioritise own work load to meet overall objectives.
- Show sensitivity and understanding to student related problems.
It is essential that you have both Credit Control and Higher Education experience to be considered for this role.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Adecco is an equal opportunities provider.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy