An enviable opportunity has become available for an Assistant Accountant to join a successful business based in Ashford. The company have sales in excess of £50m with over 200 employees and they are keen to expand and grow their product range as well as consistently improve the business.
Within this role you will be reporting to the Finance Director who is based in another country therefore our client are looking to recruit a self-starter who can manage their own workload and someone who is self sufficient. Your new office environment is modern, you will be working in an open plan office with free parking immediately outside the offices.
The purpose of this role is to manage key back office financial processes and support the commercial arm of the business with reporting, forecasting and budgeting.
The principal duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Accountant include:
- Assisting in the preparation of group monthly management accounts
- Monthly reconciliation and analysis of balance sheet accounts
- Supporting the annual budgeting and weekly forecasting process
- Supporting AP, AR and banking function for the business, including reviewing supplier reconciliations and assisting in the resolution of queries
- Coordinating monthly payroll with outsourced payroll provider, including the posting of month end payroll journals
- Assisting with VAT returns and other filings
- Assisting with internal and external audits
- Other reporting such as Office for National Statistics, and other various reports
- Working closely with internal business departments and external stakeholders
- Other projects and responsibilities as required to support the business
The principal skills, experience and personal characteristics, which the successful candidate must demonstrate are:
- Part-Qualified Accountant/Accounting Technician or Degree Business Graduate
- Experience in a similar role is essential
- Strong IT skills especially, Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work on own initiative
- SAP Master Data experience would be an advantage
- Payroll experience an advantage
The company we are recruiting for are looking for a team player with great interpersonal and time management skills including the ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines.
The right candidate will:
- Have a numerical and analytical aptitude
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrate initiative and proactive attitude
The hours for this role are Monday - Friday 9am-5:30pm, with 22 days annual leave, increasing by 1 day each year - up to a maximum of 30 days.
If this role matches your skills and experience please apply today, we look forward to your application and discussing the role with you in further detail.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.office-angels.com/candidate-privacy