Senior Housing Options Officer
Based in Sutton in South London, the position will be on the Homelessness Team so our client is looking for a highly capable officer who has experience making S184 homelessness decisions and is very knowledgeable on the Homelessness Reduction Act.
This is a full time post (36 hours per week, Monday to Friday) and the client is keen to recruit a candidate with previous experience of:
* Providing an efficient and effective front line service for residents, tenants and leaseholders accessing the Housing Options Service.
* Supporting, coaching and empowering clients to independently assess and manage their own housing situation and make informed choices.
* Delivering a responsive service to clients in housing need by interviewing and investigating household's circumstances in order to determine the best options and resources available.
* Providing a comprehensive debt management advice and support to ensure that housing options available are affordable and sustainable.
* Participating in a duty rota system to interview clients on an emergency and appointments basis, cover the telephone advice helpline service.
* Assessing homeless applications within Part VII of the Housing Act 1996 including cases for acceptance, refusal or referral to other authorities.
* Making decisions on where homeless households will be placed into temporary accommodation.
Please note, an enhanced DBS is required for this role as is strong homelessness legislation knowledge. Only applicants who feel they meet the above criteria need apply for this post.
Badenoch + Clark acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Badenoch + Clark UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Badenoch + Clark. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.badenochandclark.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy
Apply for Senior Housing Options Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.