Customer Service Officer
Customer Service Officer
Our client, are looking to recruit a Customer service officer to provide a great customer experience at every interaction with the customer when operating as branch host, providing information and guidance in the banking hall and servicing customer needs on the counter.
Role holders will interact directly with our customers on a face to face basis and through other channels as necessary (telephone, paper mail, email, etc.) and will act as the face of our Brand.
- Location: Islington
- Pay: £9.50 per hour
- Duration: 7 Months
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm (Some Saturday work may be required)
- Start Date: ASAP
- Pass leads with all relevant information to other areas as appropriate to meet customer needs.
- Act as the host of the branch, ensuring customers are greeted and directed around the branch in accordance with their needs.
- Proactively build relationships with customers at every interaction to ensure all their needs are met.
- Take personal responsibility to manage customers through life events and moments of truth with professionalism and integrity.
- Complete execution only requests where appropriate and accordance with customer requirements.
- Act as the key point of contact for customer cash related queries (cash in/out, cheque in/out) using dual control as appropriate and effectively manage the counter queue by dealing with transactions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Take responsibility for the governance of a till including following end of day processes and dealing appropriately with discrepancies.
- Adhere to all business processes associated with the till and counter including any variances by branch format to ensure the business is not exposed to any additional risk.
- Be available and accessible to customers at all points during the day and where required by the customer, act as point of contact for future return visits.
- Ensure a booking form has been completed for every appointment.
- Proactively fill diaries including generating appointments.
- Build sustainable customer relationships.
- Act upon customer feedback.
- Play an active role is supporting local community initiatives and nominated charities.
- Promote the benefits of membership to all new customers and constantly seek opportunities to create additional membership value for existing customers.
- Ensure all transactions with customers are recorded accurately and update all computer-based records to maintain and enhance data integrity including checking and updating personal details.
- Produce and process all documentation resulting from customer enquiries/conversations in an accurate and timely manner and where appropriate ensure that the information passes to colleagues responsible for these activities.
- Develop and maintain required skills and working experience of relevant systems, processes and capabilities required in the role including successful completion of mandatory training.
- Previous experience of working in a face-to-face customer environment
- Knowledge to handle responses to standard enquiries and requests for services/solutions.
- Strong product knowledge relevant to branch activities.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent face-to-face customer service and telephone skills.
If this is the role for you, then apply today! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Adecco is an equal opportunities provider.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy