Finance Reporting Analyst
My client is an international electricity and gas company and one of the largest investor owned Energy companies in the world. They play a vital role in delivering gas and electricity to many millions of people across Great Britain and North-Eastern US in an efficient, reliable and safe manner.
Duration: 6 months
The successful candidate will provide reporting and support to one or more business functions or companies, with a particular emphasis on timely, accurate and complete reporting and appropriate business planning, budgeting and forecasting.
* Lead on accurate reporting to Finance and business managers, consistently across a number of business areas as required. Provide additional financial analysis and evaluation. Deal with complex and non-standard ad-hoc requests in order to support the achievement of the business unit's objectives.
* Produce, support review and provide data provider sign off of monthly and annual RRP reports (Regulatory Reporting Pack) to agreed timescales. Ensuring all source tables are fully reconciled back to core systems and management reports.
* Identify and work with relevant teams to resolve any issues affecting the appropriate accounting of transactions for RRP purposes.
* Produce monthly reporting ensuring the data used is consistent and accurate, the appropriateness of all inputs and outputs, and the completeness, consistency and accuracy of all data to tight deadlines.
* Lead on supporting Finance/Process Managers in establishing, maintaining and monitoring the financial control framework, ensuring compliance with all appropriate controls including those required for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
* Contribute to the development of a highly motivated, innovative and customer-focused finance team. Support Finance/Process Managers in meeting/exceeding all relevant targets and strategic objectives within the business unit(s).
* Develop and update written policies and procedures over the financial reporting process
* As appropriate, to support the delivery of change across Finance and the business, embracing new ways of working and owning delivery of key outcomes to drive the improvement of long-term business capability.
* Build own knowledge of RIIO and its impact on the industry and the business in order to support key decisions and advise and guide relevant stakeholders in own business area.
Experience of working with an offshore service centre
Excellent system skills
Microsoft packages in particular excel and PowerPoint
Producing financial reports to tight timescales
Ability to review, evaluate, summarise and appropriately challenge large quantities of data
Team working and relationships
Please apply with an up to date CV
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Finance Reporting Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.