Clamp FLT / warehouse operative
Weekend Working - Friday 10pm - 6am , Sat & Sun 6pm - 6am (G shift)
Please note, to be considered you must be able to demonstrate, with good examples, at least 7 out of the 10 core competencies outlined
Under general supervision, responsible for the setup, calibration, and operation of machining equipment used to produce or modify parts or products.
As a member of a production team that works a permanent/rotating shift pattern, the successful candidate will be required to learn quick and safely operate various machines on site, depending on the need of the business to develop and multi-skill its people. Whilst complying with safe systems of work and quality procedures at all times, the successful candidate will require the focus and determination to maximise production output and minimise machine waste every single day, so as to continue our journey towards being a world class manufacturing business.
Areas of Responsibility (A minimum of 3 core roles on rotation)
- Either Corrugator machine - Reel Store and Rework, Wet end, Dry end and Control room operation.
- Strapping & wrapping machines.
- Pallet machine.
- Clamp truck driver (when/if trained).
- Fork Lift Truck Loader (when/if trained).
- To operate machinery in compliance with procedures at all times (Safety, Quality and Productivity…)
- To maintain a clean and tidy workplace
- To maximise Output
- To minimise waste
- To complete asset care activities as required
- To following instructions provided by your line Leader
- To be a proactive team member
- To look for improvement opportunities for self, process and equipment
Job Specific Technical Requirements
- Operating Production Machinery
- An ability to demonstrate a structured and logical approach to problem solving
- Using Testing Equipment
- Using Computers
- Technically minded (ability to learn the basics of process and equipment)
- Problem solving (ability to diagnose and resolve issues through problem solving techniques)
- Computer literate (ability to use computers to retrieve and enter information)
- Good communicator (good listener with high ability to communicate verbal and written information in English)
- Motivation (self-motivated to a high level, ability to motivate others)
- Team-working (ability to work with others, to challenge and receive challenge in a constructive way)
- An excellent attitude (Consistently shows a positive approach to working hard and as a team)
- Hard worker/energetic (Ability to have endurance and stamina, working in a fast paced environment)
- Learn quickly (Ability to pick up new things quickly and then demonstrate these new skills effectively)
- Able to work well under pressure (Ability to stay calm, working safely, but efficiently and effectively)
If interested in the role please contact Roevin Manchester - 0161 233 1222 or alternatively apply.
Roevin acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Roevin UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Roevin. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: http://www.roevin.co.uk/candidate-privacy-information-statement