LGV / HGV Technician Nights - LGW
Adecco Aviation are very pleased to be supporting this ground service equipment provider with their staffing at Gatwick Airport.
As A GSE Technician working on a night shift, you will be responsible for undertaking repairs and maintenance of vehicles to the required standard whilst adhering to corporate Health and Safety guidelines, ISO 9001 framework and guidelines on vehicle maintenance.
Main duties and responsibilities for the role are as follows:
▪ Repair vehicles and plants as requested by the Workshop Supervisor;
▪ Carry out inspections, brake and smoke tests and show all defects to the Workshop Supervisor before commencing with any repairs or booking out any parts
▪ Diagnose and inform the Workshop Supervisor of all work and parts required before commencing job;
▪ Job card/inspection sheet must be completed correctly to current point of repair and handed to the Workshop Supervisor at the end of each day's shift. All non-productive time is also to be added to the correct job card for authorisation by the Workshop Supervisor;
▪ Update the Workshop Supervisor of any further work or parts required immediately;
▪ Present job cards at stores to enable parts to be supplied;
▪ Inform the Workshop Supervisor of any VOR parts immediately;
▪ All booked parts used from workshop must on the front of job cards and all parts taken out of hours must be written on parts sheet as confirmation;
▪ Label parts and put them onto correct shelves, e.g. warranty or exchange unit;
▪ Inform the Workshop Supervisor immediately upon job completion;
▪ Quarantine, label and report all defective tooling immediately to the site Workshop Supervisor;
▪ Report any defective items immediately to the Workshop Supervisor;
▪ Accurately complete and hand in manual daily time sheet after each day of shift
In order to fulfil this role you should hold relevant qualification including Motor Mechanics - LGV and ideally LGV 2 and forklift. You should have a background in operational vehicle logistics, experience of working in a customer focused environment and in the vehicle maintenance sector. You will also need sound motor mechanics skills, be analytical and numerate with good communication skills, ideally have an understanding of GSE procedures and systems and a good general knowledge of health and safety regulations
As part of this role will entail working airside at Gatwick, you will need to confirm the following:
- Be able to make your own way to Heathrow Airport 24/7;
- Provide eligibility to work in the UK and undertake all checks necessary to obtain a full airside pass. This involves undertaking a criminal record check, completing general security awareness training and being able to provide 5 years of written references and support any gaps of 28 days or more
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy