Personal Assistant (PA)
Job Title: Personal Assistant (PA)
Rate of pay:£15.00 -21.00 per hour
Lead the operational management of the Executive Support Team to ensure the provision of efficient, accurate and confidential executive support and co-ordination to the Strategic Executive Board and where appropriate the wider senior management team. Ensure the development and maintenance of business relationships with customers, key stakeholder, and partner agencies in line with excellent customer services standards.
* Provide high-level support to the Managing Director and Directors to ensure the delivery of key priorities, objectives and outcomes from any service area of the Council as and when required.
* Maintain an effective governance framework (such as the Master Forward Plan) for the management and control of committee reports across the board, liaising with Democratic Services.
* To support the Executive Support Manager in creating, delivering and maintaining a proactive front-line service to SEB and stakeholders.
* Lead key business change and business support activity on behalf of the Executive Support Manager.
* The postholder is a key member of the Executive Support Team and is expected to work flexibly and in a matrix way to ensure the provision of high-quality Executive support is always provided, enabling members of the Strategic Executive Board to function effectively and to provide a positive and efficient image of the Business . This may include financial, physical and employee resources.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To assist the Executive Support Manager in creating, delivering and maintaining a proactive front-line service to SEB and stakeholders.
2. To provide a professional image to SEB, Councillors, partner organisations and visitors always, in line with excellent customer service standards.
3. To coordinate the Executive Support Team resources to provide an excellent service to SEB and stakeholders. This will ensure that rotas are prepared and managed. Ensuring appropriate support is in place for leave lunchtime, early morning and late evening - as well as out of hours work.
4. Create a resilient 'buddy system' to ensure appropriate high-level support can always be provided to SEB and stakeholders in a flexible and matrix way.
5. Continuously reviewing and leading the way in terms of delivering creative solutions for improvements to the service provided.
6. To lead on developing effective processes and procedures for the Executive Support Team to follow to ensure efficient, consistent and effective support is provided at all times.
7. To engage on a regular basis with SEB and key stakeholders to seek detailed feedback through the agreed mechanism on executive support provided to them, ensuring it is of a high standard.
8. Action any feedback from SEB and key stakeholders in a timely way, ensuring the set standards of the framework are being adhered to - and ensuring a continuous improvement model is adopted.
9. Have delegated authority to make appropriate decisions on behalf of SEB, Head of Business Change and the Executive Support Manager.
10. Ensure any non-compliance with executive support standards on performance information is raised with the service and flagged with the appropriate Director.
11. Lead on the development of key information, communication and support systems (OneNote, SharePoint, etc.) to deliver an effective and efficient Executive Support function.
12. To ensure services provide advice and guidance to ensure the production and effective use of management information to ensure continuous improvement. This will be in line with the agreed executive support standard.
13. To oversee and ensure Executive Assistants proactively log and ensures timely responses are given to information request and complaints (MP, Councillor, etc.) on behalf of SEB.
14. To lead and drive transformation and change for SEB, across a number of services through focussing on delivery, quality, and flexibility to meet customer expectations.
15. Play a key role in developing, supporting and promoting a culture of continuous improvement and excellent customer service, identifying weaknesses and ensuring remedial action.
16. Lead and co-ordinate relevant team meetings, ensuring employees are kept abreast of key information and provide an environment where learning can be shared on a regular basis.
17. Manage the service to ensure it is continually up to date with best practice guidelines, trends, changes, and developments, as well as ensuring the service operates with current legislative requirements.
18. Manage and monitor the service's budgets and make recommended savings as and when required.
19. Promote and market the service and implement service improvements based on feedback received.
20. The Executive Support Team operating hours will provide customers with support between 8.00am to 6.00pm (5.00pm on Fridays), a rota will be in operation to cover 8.00am to 9.00am and 5.00pm to 6.00pm.
To be successful for this appointment you must have the following:
* Previous experience of working at management and supervisory PA / Executive level
* Experience of leading a team and managing workloads
* Experience of presenting to large groups and delivering key communication
* Project management and managing change experience
* Experience of working with managers to identify, define, and meet their management information needs
* Experience of performance management including supporting performance management needs.
* Relevant experience in providing services to support corporate activities at a service level and to meet challenging deadlines.
YOO Recruit is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.