Reporting to the Team Leader, the primary function of the Payroll Officer is to contribute towards the provision of an efficient and effective support service to the payroll department.
You will be expected to:
- Liaise and handle enquiries from temps or other internal/external customers.
- Input data accurately and timely ensuring deadlines are met.
- Calculate Statutory Sick and Maternity Pay along with all other statutory payments in accordance with set criteria.
- Respond to enquires and requests for information from outside agencies,e.g Inland Revenue ,DSS etc.
- Calculate additional payments and or deductions.
- Administer customer payroll information e.g collation of timesheets, new starter files, payroll reports, in-active lists, audit trail etc.
- Deal with errors and amendments.
- Comply with statutory and company payroll procedures and deadlines.
- Undertake all duties having regard to the urgency necessary to meet appropriate deadlines and maintain confidentiality.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Team Leader.
- To be able to manually process tax, NI, SL deductions is a must on the UK payroll as well as on an Irish Payroll.
- To uphold the values as set in the REACH programme, including AOM tasks and to comply with any audit requests effectively.
Understand how the recruitment business operates, the opportunities and challenges that such an operation brings and how to minimise the risks and challenges in order to maximise effectiveness.
You will need to display the following personal attributes to succeed in the role:
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve deadlines
- Strong organisational skills with good attention to detail and accuracy
- Work as part of a team
We will require you to have experience of:
- Payroll systems i.e. manual calculations, statutory calculations
- Using Excel and Word
- Auto enrolment pensions would be desirable
- People Skills
- Effective Communication
- Drive to Achieve
- Embracing Change
- Planning and Organisation
- Customer Service
- Financial Acumen
- Business Acumen
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy