Office Angels are recruiting for an experienced HR Manager to join our client whom are a Private Bank based in Mayfair. This role is a temporary role initially with the potential to become permanent for the right person.
Working full time in their beautiful offices in Mayfair, you will have 3 direct reports, 2 receptionists and 1 part time office manager.
Duties of the role will be split in 2 and will include:
- Update and maintain HR policies as necessary
- Maintain HR records, the phonebook and the absences system
- Manage the recruitment and exit processes in line with GDPR requirements, including administration of offer letters and employment contracts
- Manage the third-party screening process
- Manage the on-boarding of new hires, including access control to building, systems and staff induction
- Ensure candidates have the right to work in the UK
- Create and maintain HR files for each employee, including job specs, contracts, amendments, communications, grievances/disciplinary cases, leave records, etc.
- Liaise with the Head Office HR function to update payroll
- Maintain pensions and benefits details
- Administer the appraisal process and maintain central records
- Issue references on behalf of former colleagues
- Review and update health and safety policies and ensure they are observed
- Advise line managers and other employees on employment law and the employer's own employment policies and procedures
- Organise staff training sessions and activities
HEAD OF OFFICE MANAGEMENT DUTIES
- Manage the 2 Receptionists rota and day-to-day tasks
- Potentially manage a part-time Office Manager
- Cover the reception in 1-hour slots during the morning / lunch time / late afternoon as per pre-defined rota
- Manage outgoing and incoming mail, including adequate filing
- Maintain filing
- Manage the office's budget, processing invoices/expenses following a pre-defined approval process
- Procure and maintain supply of groceries (e.g. coffee) stationery and equipment, including BlackBerry
- Liaise with Group IT in order to fix issues at each visit made by the IT specialist
- Coordinate fire evacuation drills, and ensure fire marshals are appointed and trained
- Escalate and follow up on any building issues raised by staff
- Arrange regular testing for electrical equipment and safety devices
- Scheduling meetings and appointments within the office
- Provide general support to visitors
- Address employees queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, equipment, expenses process and travel arrangements)
- Liaise with management company and facility management vendors, including cleaning, security services, shredding and recycling
- Plan in-house or off-site activities, like parties, celebrations and conferences
- Support health and safety inspections and implement recommendations made
- Ensure first aid officers are appointed and trained
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE:
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Hands on experience with office machines (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Reliability and discretion
- Proven experience as an HR Manager
- A degree or higher national diploma covering the following subjects may be particularly helpful:
- human resource management
- business administration/business management
- A familiarity with legislation in the areas of employment, equality and diversity and health & safety is fundamental.
Office Angels are an equal opportunities employer
Office Angels are an Employment Business
Thank you for your interest in this role. All successful applications will be contacted within 5 working days. Due to the high volume of applications we receive we do ask for your patience to wait to hear from the consultant rather than to call us directly.
If you have not heard after 5 working days then unfortunately we were unable to consider your application on this occasion.
Office Angels Oxford Circus branch look after roles in the following locations and all areas in between: Oxford Circus, Bond Street, Marble Arch, Marylebone, Mayfair, Baker Street, Edgware Road, Regents Park, St Johns Wood, Primrose Hill
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.office-angels.com/candidate-privacy