Trailer Maintenance Technician - LGW
Adecco Aviation are very pleased to be supporting this ground support equipment provider with their staffing at Gatwick Airport.
As a Trailer Maintenance Technician working a 40-hour week, Monday- Friday, you will be responsible for required to undertake repairs and maintenance of trailers and dollies to the required standard whilst complying with all Health and Safety, ISO 9001 framework regulations and guidelines on vehicle maintenance.
Main duties and responsibilities for the role are as follows:
- Repair trailers and dollies as requested by the Workshop Supervisor;
- Carry out inspections, airside and in the workshop and advise all defects to the Workshop Supervisor before commencing with any repairs or booking out any parts;
- Collect equipment for workshop servicing and repair;
- Job card/inspection sheet must be completed correctly to current point of repair and handed to the Workshop Supervisor at the end of each day's shift. All non-productive time is also to be added to the correct job card for authorisation by the Workshop Supervisor;
- Update the Workshop Supervisor of any further work or parts required immediately;
- Present job cards at stores to enable parts to be supplied;
- All booked parts used from workshop must on the front of job cards and all parts taken out of hours must be written on parts sheet as confirmation;
- Inform the Workshop Supervisor immediately upon job completion;
- Quarantine, label and report all defective tooling immediately to the site Workshop Supervisor;
- Report any defective items immediately to the Workshop Supervisor and red tag
In order to fulfil this role, you should have welding and fabrication experience, be analytical and numerate with good communication skills, customer oriented/service delivery focussed, general knowledge of health and safety regulations and experience of working in a customer focused environment and in the vehicle maintenance sector. A welding and/or forklift qualification would also be useful
As part of this role will entail working airside at Gatwick Airport you will need to confirm eligibility to work in the UK and undertake all checks necessary to obtain a full airside pass. This involves undertaking a criminal record check, completing general security awareness training and being able to provide 5 years of written references and support any gaps of 28 days or more
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Trailer Maintenance Technician - LGW
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.