Would you like to work in the purchasing department for a multi-million pound company who view their purchasing team as the back bone to their success? Are you motivated to hit deadlines and enjoy working in an organised and methodical way? Would you like to work for a company who offer free lunch every day?
Purchasing Assistant- £21,000-£25,000
Benefits: Free lunch, free parking, progression and development
Monday to Friday- 8am-5pm with 30 minutes lunch
The purchasing team of my nationally recognised client is expanding due to a recent promotion. The team are seen as the back-bone to the business ensuring their 4000 core products are always in stock for their loyal clients to purchase. The main purpose of the role is to support the Purchasing Manager to proactively order stock to meet customer demand.
Duties will include:
- Liaising with 80+ UK and international suppliers to order stock and chase up orders
- Analysing stock reports from in-house system
- Proactively ordering based on stock forecasts to ensure core products are always available
- Utilising negotiation skills to reduce delivery costs with suppliers based on volume or bulk orders
- Adjusting pricing on system based on stock margins
Having a background in purchasing for this role would be great but is not essential as long you have the right attitude.
- Analytical skills to monitor reports and ensure stock is always available
- Great communication skills when speaking to internal staff and external suppliers
- Able to manage multiple deadlines
- Proven experience in and commercial office environment
Training: Full training will be provided which will include
- 2 weeks in the warehouse to learn the products
- 2 weeks in the Goods In department to understand the stock system
- 2 weeks in the sales team to understand the client orders
- Side by side training with the Purchasing Manager to learn the processes
Don't delay in applying and contact Naomi Bunch or Chloe Kingston on 01322 286712 for more information.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.office-angels.com/candidate-privacy