6 days left
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: BI Developer
LOCATION: Croydon, London
PAY RATE: £400 - £450 per day (Umbrella)
DURATION: 3-6 months
START DATE: ASAP
IR35 STATUS: Outside
The client has a Microsoft Azure hosted Business Intelligence Platform using the following services: Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake and Azure Data Lake Analytics with Power BI for visualisation, insight and analytics.
The client is now in a position to develop and make optimal use of the current platform to provide self-service BI to our analytical users and embed the use of BI throughout the organisation.
Due to increased demand, we are looking to supplement the BI Team with an addition BI Developer to work alongside the existing 2 BI Developers, the Solutions Architect and the BI Programme Lead.
The BI Developer will support the client with the continued development of its existing BI platform and the use of Microsoft Power BI.
Skills and experience
At least 5 years' experience as a Business Intelligence Developer.
Bring expertise and knowledge that includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Excellent knowledge of delivering projects within a Microsoft Business Intelligence technical environment
- Excellent knowledge of how to build new data sets and structures and manage the distribution, replication and archive of data
- Experience working with large, disparate data sets
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehousing methodologies
- Business analysis experience, including gathering requirements/user stories and conversion into technical specification for development
- Knowledge of project management methodologies, Agile experience desirable
- Previous experience of working within Local or Central Government is desirable, but not essential
Essential experience of the following specific technologies:
- Azure Cloud technologies:
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Data Lake Analytics
- Microsoft Power BI
- Excellent SQL & U-SQL scripting
- Query Performance Tuning
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing methodologies
- Dimensional Modelling experience
- SQL Server, Oracle, Access, Excel experience as source data
- Master Data Management (desirable)
- A proven ability to develop clear understandings of clients' needs and the ability to incorporate these into a solution
- Ability to contribute to project delivery, providing input into planning and issue escalation
- Effective Management of conflicting priorities
- Good stakeholder management
- Good organisation skills
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for BI Developer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.