STREET WORKS COORDINATOR
3 days left
- Full Time
ADECCO ARE CURRENTLY RECRUITING FOR A STREET WORKS COORDINATOR TO WORK FOR A LOCAL AUTHORITY WITHIN KINGSTON-UPON-THAMES.
STREET WORKS COORDINATOR
FULL TIME - 36 HOURS PER WEEK
£14.46 PER HOUR
TEMPORARY POSITION (MINIMUM 3 MONTHS - EXTENSION LIKELY)
We are recruiting for a Street Works permitting officer who would be evaluating highways and utility work permit requests using the Exor Bentley/EToN 6 noticing system.
Streetworks & Roadworks Coordination (specifically)
- Support the Street Works Co-ordination function in operating the London Permit Scheme (LoPS), as amended, for Kingston and Sutton Councils.
- Manages Permit applications ensuring that the only deemed permits that have occurred have been as the result of technical issues and to ensure that the aims of the Traffic Management Act are adhered to
- Manages permit fee reconciliation on a monthly basis and deals with financial queries when they arise from utilities
- Takes the necessary action to resolve disputes between the Public Utilities and the Public
- Manages the issuing and tracking of Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs) when breaches of conditions included in the LoPS are identified by the Streets Inspectors
- Monitors expenditure, income, fees and charges in relation to NRSWA and LoPS
- Keeps abreast of current NRSWA legislation and Codes of Practice (CoP) and initiates any necessary changes in working practices
- Ensures all Public Utilities' and Highway Authority's Notices and Registrations are logged into the computer system, checking that Notices conform to the templates in the CoP for Co-ordination of Street Works, and that the notice periods are correct for the location and type of works
- Monitors charge production work specifically related to Defect and Sample Inspection fee charges
- Develops procedures within the Team to evolve more efficient ways of working and aid improvement within the performance of the team
- Undertakes investigative work to defend charges where they are challenged including Permit Charges and Defect Charges, demonstrating a knowledge and application of key CoP(s) and legislation
- Co-ordinates the collation of evidence in the event of prosecution against undertakers for a breach of NRSWA or TMA offences in accordance with the legal team and the Senior Professional Engineer assigned the operational Network Management function
- Manages Crystal reports that will provide improved performance management information showing efficiency and effectiveness of the LoPs
- Liaises with Utilities and other organisations about works activities on the public highway network
- Liaise with Corporate IT to ensure that the IT systems continue to operate effectively and where problems have arisen to help identify and resolve them quickly
- Undertakes site visits and inspections with Undertakers when required
- Deals with verbal and written enquiries, service requests and correspondence from Councillors, members of the public and other agencies on relevant TMA and NRSWA related matters
- Represent Kingston and Sutton Councils at various meetings and forums involving street works, such as HAUC meetings
- Maintains close working relationships with TfL and other LoPS authorities
- Organises performance meetings with stakeholders on a regular basis
- Consults with other members of staff from different departments to raise awareness how the LoPS could fit into policies within other departments
- Works closely with the Shared Services project managers and engineers to ensure street works and permit compliance is met and parity with Statutory Undertakers is adhered to
- Liaises with the Traffic Signals Engineers and others to co-ordinate installations and works for Statutory Undertakers and any other organisations that carry out works affecting the public highway, and to monitor and arrange inspections of such works as required
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for STREET WORKS COORDINATOR
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.