3 month rolling contract
My Client is now one of the largest risk management and insurance broking companies in the world, with its corporate headquarters in Itasca, Illinois. During recent years, the UK Brokerage Division within the business has undergone rapid expansion and made a number of acquisitions, which has led to a diverse IT estate. At the same time, IT has become more important for compliance / regulatory reasons and as a business differentiator. We are seeing a rapid growth in demand for digital solutions within the business.
We are looking for a Solution Designer to join the CTO team. The CTO team within Team Technology have accountability for Business and IT strategy development, business solutions definition; governance; IT Risk & Compliance.
The IT team in close alignment with the business aims to establish a deep level of professionalism and confidence in the IT service, change delivery capability and overarching strategy. This role covers business solutions definition.
The Business Solution Designer will be accountable for partnering with our business customers across the UK's 3 main trading divisions to identify, shape and facilitate delivery of fit for purpose solutions to meet business needs and drive measurable value to the organisation. Required to build strong relationships with stakeholders up to exec level, the Business Solutions Architect will provide thought leadership and identify opportunities that will facilitate successful outcomes.
An understanding of the Insurance business is essential, e.g. from broking, claims processing and IBA functions. Knowledge of one or more of our core business systems (Acturis, TCAS, Stingray, CDL, OpenTWINS, Quotex, IBA & Global XB) would be advantageous. Familiarity with GDPR, information security and the demands associated with operating in a regulated environment are similarly advantageous.
- Drive business value through helping the business deliver fit for purpose technology solutions. Produce and gain consensus on designs, including Business Security & Compliance sign-offs. A high standard of documentation is required.
- Partner with the business to help direct change, optimise business performance and deliver differentiated processes & services through the use of technology
- Independent governance of technology solutions to ensure alignment with corporate standards / policies (ensure they are secure, compliant and reliable) and regulatory needs
- Providing technical advice and support to Business, IT and 3rd Party partners in matters related to Solutions to ensure that developments meet required standards
- May be asked to contribute to an assessment of (target firm's) IT during an acquisition process.
- Promote re-use of existing solutions, use of standards and alignment with policy to reduce technical design debt
- Perform as a valued member of team technology, both as the domain expert and significantly contributing to the success of the wider IT agenda;
- Carry out duties following internal policies and procedures in accordance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, good governance and business shared values, in particular, putting clients at the heart of our business.