Shipping Administrator Temp to Perm
Adecco are recruiting on behalf of our Client, a full time Shipping Administrator, to assist their busy office.
Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm
Initially temporary position, to go permanent after a few months.
FULL TRAINING WILL BE GIVEN TO THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE.
- Prepare shipments and documentation to meet legal requirements and shipping schedule.
- Ensure compliance with export control, IATA, ADR, IMDG and other legal requirements.
- Forward flight details and documentation to customers as appropriate.
- Liaise with freight forwarders and transport companies regarding collection and tracking of shipments.
- Liaise with Picker/Packers regarding packing of shipments.
- Supervise and assist in loading of transport vehicles.
- To offer assistance and advice to any other departments within the company relating to the transport of dangerous goods.
- To comply with the requirements of the EMS and act appropriately with regard to issues affecting impacts on the environment. Assist in achieving environmental objectives and targets.
- To comply & conform with the environmental and quality policy, procedures and with the requirements of the EMS & QMS and act appropriately with regard to issues affecting impacts on the environment and conforming to product requirements. Assist in achieving environmental and quality objectives and targets.
- To operate any equipment and conduct your day to duties according to current procedures and appropriate Health and Safety precautions.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing activities on site.
- To carry out any other duties within the employees skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Assist in the closing down and finishing off Export shipments.
- Liaise with Freight Forwarders and Couriers regarding collection and tracking of shipments.
- Liaise with other operational and commercial departments ensuring smooth flow of information and assistance when necessary.
- Assist with the Import clearance procedure.
- GCSE's or equivalent level qualifications
- Proficiency in use of I.T. and Office software (Excel)
- Previous experience of IATA or ADR would be advantageous
- Accurate attention to detail
- Good written and spoken English
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective verbal and written communicator and ability to build professional relationships with all levels across the site.
- Travel is not a requirement of the role.
- As a trainee, the candidate will work toward becoming fully qualified in air, sea and road freight regulations and IATA qualified. We will invest in training and provide all the tools available to assist in learning, in return we expect you the incumbent to fully apply themselves to the courses in-order to ensure to develop as required by the company.
APPLY NOW FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy