Platform Engineer - Digital Experience (DevOps)
Platform Engineers (DX)
Who you'll be working with?
In Digital Experience we specialise in navigating our clients through the complexities of large-scale, technology-driven transformation programmes, using our skills to drive outstanding delivery. Having the right people using the right methodology and following the right process gives every client the right result.
The Platform Engineering capability within Digital is a growing team of people dedicated to ensuring that the technologies selected and the way that they are implemented meet the business objectives of our clients. There are several disciplines within the Digital Experience team: delivery, business, integration and digital architects and technical managers, and many of our people can perform in more than one of these roles.
The focus of your role
The role of Platform Engineer is to focus on delivering highly available, scalable enterprise solutions on IAAS/PAAS platforms.
You will be the custodian of the technical integrity of a client's project or programme. You will be the "go to" person for any technical issues, and will draw on the huge body of knowledge within Capgemini to address them.
What you'll do
* Actively working with clients on digital IaaS, PaaS, SaaS solution strategies, designs, and delivery programmes.
* Working with our clients in transforming their business by delivering solutions and methodologies following best practice.
* Identifying the best technologies and services upon consideration of the client's needs, constraints and strategies.
* You will be expected to create, maintain and enhance standards for delivery for business functionality, as well as developing, maintaining, and enhancing design standards and patterns for infrastructure and system components.
* Participating in bid workshops, recommending solutions, presenting proposed solutions to prospective clients and contributing content to proposals.
What you'll bring?
* Experience debugging a complex, multi-server service in a high availability production environment.
* Experience of commodity cloud providers such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud (Production environments).
* Continuous Integration systems such Hudson, Jenkins, Concourse, Drone & Bamboo.
* Configuration Management tooling (Ansible/Puppet/Chef/Salt)
* Good understanding of the HashiCorp Suite (Packer, Terraform, Vault, Vagrant, Consul)
* Containerisation - Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm
* Testing, setup and configuration of monitoring/alerting tooling (OpsView, Nagios, ELK, Graphite, Grafana, Zabbix, etc…)
* Experience using languages such as Ruby, Python, Go and Java within an existing, production codebase.
* Experience working in multidisciplinary agile teams.
* Networking knowledge including switching, routing, VPN's, Load balancing (Software/hardware), CDN
* Security knowledge including Firewalls (Software/hardware), IPS/IDS, Antivirus, SIEM, IDaM, DDOS
* Strong communication skills; with the ability to convey complex technical concepts clearly and concisely
What we'll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It's all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we're different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that's as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn't necessarily right for everyone. So we'd love to hear from you if you feel you're a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we'll find the right working approach for you.