Agile Engagement Manager (Scrum)
UK Wide Mobility
About our Custom Software Development Practise
Our Custom Development Practise specialises in agile custom software development and integration at an enterprise scale.
We build world class digital experiences, using modern delivery methods, leveraging robust, flexible platforms.
Our projects can span from gathering user insight to designing compelling experiences and delivering them through a variety of touch points (Mobile | Tablet | Web) underpinned by enterprise integration at scale.
Our capabilities cover a wide variety of Open Source and proprietary technologies with a strong focus on Java and Microsoft.
We are seeking experienced Project Managers, to work on some of the most innovative enterprise Digital projects in the UK.
The focus of your role
Providing consultancy, scrum master and engagement management expertise to external clients, our staff can be placed on technology-focused delivery assignments in any sector and on projects of varying size and degrees of complexity, from single small team assignments to multi-site, multi-discipline projects. Projects may contain a blend of Capgemini, client and contract staff and include a range of different stakeholders.
What you'll do
* Motivating our teams to deliver meaningful outcomes that meet our clients needs using Agile techniques
* Guiding the team and the client organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to exceed the expectations of our customers;
* Responsible for managing the scrum process with the coordination of scrum team in Agile methodology;
* Facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings;
* Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog;
* Project Management; definition, scoping and planning;
* Managing the delivery of projects across the full lifecycle, to required cost, timescale and quality parameters;
What you'll bring
* A recognised Scrum Master certification is desired;
* A passion for Agile ways of working with teams and with your clients
* A track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self study;
* Experience in providing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team;
* Excellent skills and knowledge of collaborative leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency;
* Knowledge of the patterns and techniques used in an Agile project e.g. burndown metrics, backlog tracking, velocity, task definition, retrospectives and defect management;
* Demonstrable experience in managing bespoke software and/or Digital Development/Experience Design projects/implementation and integration projects, from inception through to delivery;
* Experience of managing agile projects and an aspiration to move into Project Management;
* Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
What we'll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It's all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we're different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that's as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Find out more and apply