Modis have an opportunity based in Bristol, with a major pan-european client on the cutting edge of technology in the defence arena for a software developer to join our expanding team.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to provide support on one specific project, then moving onto other projects across the software lifecycle when that completes.
A long-term stream of work exists with our client, with a number of other exciting opportunities on the horizon.
Key tasks / Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will work closely with our client to support tasks across the full software development lifecycle. Key tasks will include:
- Requirements elicitation and analysis (test based requirements
- Software design (Rhapsody /UML and traditional textual design)
- Code updates (C++ and Linux based scripting - Eclipse IDE)
- Component level testing (using tools such as GCov)
- Production of documentation appropriate for the lifecycle stage
- Supporting requirement / design / code reviews as required
- Full lifecycle C++ development on Linux using industry standard tools (Eclipse / GCov)
- Experience in working with software requirements (preferable with DOORS)
- UML design experience (preferably with Rhapsody - but other modelling tools are acceptable)
- Safety Critical / structured lifecycle experience (including producing appropriate documentation)
- Customer interface skills - able to work on a customer site
Desirable skills required for this position:
- Experience of working in the aerospace and defence industry
- Rational Team Concert Skills
- Familiarity with MISRA Standards
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: http://www.modis.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy