Principal Lawyer - Enforcement
You will deliver high quality legal services in respect of enforcement matters and make a key contribution to achieving the borough's objectives.
We are a Lexcel-accredited practice and as a member of our management team you will help to drive forward high performance.
You will be able to demonstrate a higher level of recent and significant local government experience of the usual range of enforcement matters and non-routine criminal proceedings that arise in the public sector (social housing fraud, food safety, health & safety, etc), taking over an existing caseload and able to supervise the team in these areas. The candidate will be required to:
- Have conduct of magistrate's court cases.
- Provide telephone and written advice to clients on general enforcement issues.
- Support casework in Legal Services where there is multi-disciplinary working.
- High standards of client care and interaction are expected in this role.
- Advocacy experience in order to undertake prosecutions and other appropriate applications.
- Review and providing legal comments on committee reports relating to enforcement and miscellaneous matters
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy