Procurement Governance Officer - Children & Families
JOB TITLE: Procurement Governance Officer
PAY RATE: £300 - £350 per day Umbrella
DURATION: 6 months, with possibility for extension/perm opportunity
START DATE: ASAP
IR35 STATUS: Inside
We are looking for a flexible and agile candidate, with experience using portals (London tenders portal) and a solid understanding of end-to-end procurement process/regulations. Day to day workload is variable, PCR, light touch regime, supporting category managers, CCB process and governance, input reports. The candidate will need to evidence and highlight their experience running procurement projects. The role has come about due to increased work volume. The candidate will report to senior procurement officers, will be given loads of support from the senior team and will have an opportunity to increase portfolio by exposure across children's/families.
- Knowledge of the client's Tender and Contract Regulations, Public Contract Regulations and other relevant UK and EU legislation;
- An understanding of sustainable procurement, strategic contract management and social value; and
- Working knowledge of P2P, e-tendering and Oracle.
- Technical procurement skills or equivalent relevant experience.
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills. Including the ability to analyse and present data and information effectively.
- Project management and organisation skills.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Problem identification and resolution skills.
- Effective interpersonal, negotiation and partnership skills and the ability to cultivate strong relationships both inside and outside the organisation.
- Comfortable working with IT systems and learning how to leverage system capabilities.
- Ability to set personal priorities, objectives and deadlines while maintaining a focus on the key service priorities/accountability.
- Resilience and drive to meet the demands and pressures of the post.
- Ability to deputise for the Procurement Governance Manager as and when required.
- Track record of supporting procurement governance processes.
- Experience of contributing to the successful delivery of team and organisational outcomes.
- Track record of supporting the procurement of efficient and effective services through different routes, including use of OJEU processes and government frameworks.
- Candidates must have up to date procurement experience in children/adults services.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy