MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT 12M FTC
Management Accountant (Maternity cover)
£35,000 - £38,000 per annum
I am currently looking for an experienced Management Accountant to work with a very reputable client of mine, which have the opportunity for a proactive hardworking Management Accountant to join their team. This is a maternity cover for up to 12 months and you will have the responsibility of:
- Producing management accounts, reports and financial information for an operating company of our business.
- Analyse management accounts to budget/forecast and last year and provide commentaries.
- Using your keen eye for detail to reconcile balance sheet accounts and investigating any variances when they occur.
- Working closely with the business so excellent customer service skills will be needed.
- Providing key support to their commercial team to make decisions which will require a degree of flexibility and a requirement for travel.
- Being a confident communicator will come in handy too for those moments when you need to explain complex issues to non-experts within the business.
- Preparing the year-end and half-year reporting pack and assisting the Financial Controller with the production of statutory accounts.
- Preparing the year-end tax pack, making sure you stick to all those Tax Department guidelines.
- Assist with the continuous improvement and be proactive in identifying opportunities to improve processes and efficiencies.
And here's what we need from you…
A proven track record of producing all aspects of management accounts in detail from start to finish. Along with being qualified in CIMA, ACCA, ACA level or even by experience and excellent analytical and numerical abilities will be useful when you are using those brilliant Excel skills daily.
A few other useful bits are:
- Good working knowledge of current accounting software systems such as Oracle and other bespoke systems.
- Experience of working within a fast paced business environment and ability to deal with large data volumes.
- An ability to prioritise responsibilities under pressure and be self-motivating.
- A good working knowledge of all accounting functions including purchase ledger, sales ledger, payroll, fixed assets, cash and banking, nominal ledger and stock.
Some of the benefits include:
- Defined Contribution pension scheme with employer contributions of 6%
- Security for your dependents (death in Service cover)
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Access to participate in the Buy as You Earn Scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy