Java Software Engineer
As a Java developer with us you will undertake development activities in TDD, BDD and Scrum, or other Agile practices. You will be responsible for coding, building, testing and maintenance of software systems, and subject to experience coaching other more junior developers.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
You'll need to have commercial Java development experience ideally with experience of modern source code management approaches and software development using open source technologies.
Key elements for these roles, being in an agile environment working closely with our clients, will be your communication skills, you need to be technically sound but also be able to convey your knowledge and expertise to clients internally and externally. We encourage all our team to look to up skill their knowledge through both internal and external training.
In terms of specific languages you should have commercial experience in some or all of the following;
* Java 7 / 8
Any knowledge/experience of the following would also be advantageous but is not essential;
* Advanced knowledge of Spring framework
* Experience of SOA, middleware and microservices
* Experience of application servers and/or serverless technologies
* Experience of Big Data analytics and infrastructure
* Experience of development and deployment in a cloud containerised environment
* Experience of Continuous Integration and Delivery
* Participation in an Open Source community project
Spring acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Spring Group UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: www.spring.com/candidate-privacy-information-statement
Apply for Java Software Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.