Media Officer - FTC
**Exciting opportunity for a candidate with extensive experience as a Press Officer working within the public sector. A successful and Local Government is looking for an experienced Press Officer**
JOB ROLE: Media Officer
JOB TYPE: Permanent
COMPANY: Local Government
HOURS: 9am - 6.00pm
SALARY: £26,000 - £33,000
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT EXCLUSIVE TO:
- Working with others in the media team and policy colleagues to provide a swift, accurate service to Cabinet members and journalists
- Researching, drafting and issuing clear, concise lines to take across a range of channels
- Working closely with other teams in the communication directorate including campaigns and digital
- Providing essential 24/7 service as part of out of hours media office service
- Analyse evidence to assess effectiveness of media handling and identify lessons learned
- Bring forward ideas of how the media team can better understand the effectiveness of its work
- Responsible for keeping up-to-date with innovation within the industry and sharing insights on how to improve communications
- Proactively bring forward ideas on new ways of doing things for consideration
- Always maintain the highest possible standards of professionalism and build good relationships with members and officers
- Develop effective working relationships with key external stakeholders including journalists and partner organisations.
- Know when to escalate issues to senior officers and members
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- You MUST have at least 2-3 years of experience in a media/communications role, able to use your own initiative and quickly grasp complex issues to secure attention-grabbing media coverage - whether that's in a local newspaper, national TV news or a feature in an international magazine
- Experience of delivering engaging digital content for social media channels to directly reach their audiences
- With a proactive and positive attitude, you'll be able to cut through the policy jargon and clearly communicate our work to their audiences
- You will also remain calm in a crisis and under pressure
- Strong news and media understanding, able to spot a good news story and issues that might pose a reputational risk for the Council
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal including writing news releases, media statements or other briefing material
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to tight media deadlines and manage competing priorities
- Ability to work on own initiative and quickly grasp complex issues
- A sound understanding of social media and how to use it in a media office environment
- Ability to build collaborative relationships and connections across different areas of the business
- Clear understanding and commitment to equality and diversity
- Educated to degree level or hold a marketing/communication
- qualification or equivalent by experience.
Advertised by Office Angels Oxford Street Branch. I you would like to apply for this role then please EMAIL your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference: JD/CCW/MO/06
Please note that due to a high volume of response Office Angels receive; only successful candidates will be contacted.
For the purposes of the Regulations, please note that Office Angels in the provision of these services will be operating as a recruitment agency. Office Angels are an equal opportunities employer.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.office-angels.com/candidate-privacy