The first Data Engineer is needed for a leading FMCG company based in Tonbridge. The role is to create the new data storage capabilities, build data pipelines and data ingestion.
As the first hire, you will work with the existing team to scope out requirements, make suggestions on tools and architecture and lead the delivery of the processes (with managerial and tech team support).
Key for this role is that you have hands on knowledge of the SQL, Python for data ingestion and building data pipelines.
Experience with NoSQL and the GSuite (Big Query, Google Analytics, AdWords) would also be beneficial, but all data engineers will have the opportunity to pick up new tools and tech.
The role will involve data modelling, building data structures and ETL processes as a given. You will get to play with large scale data sets, including both structured and unstructured data.
Their aim is to create a self-service data culture whilst you work closely with data scientists, analysts, technologists and "super users" to share knowledge, evaluate opportunities and proactively recommend improvements in architecture, pipelines, data models, tools and processes.
- Ability to communicate complex technical solutions in a non-technical manner
- To be proficient in designing efficient and robust ETL workflows / data pipelines
- Creating and consuming APIs for EDI.
- Utilising continuous integration and continuous delivery systems (e.g. Jenkins, Google Cloud Build, Quartz).
- Creating caching strategies to allow up to date data to be available to the enterprise, without putting responsiveness of production systems at risk.
- Utilising code versioning systems (e.g. git).
Role: Data Engineer
Salary: £50k - £75k + package
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: http://www.modis.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy