Our client, a successful college based in Central London are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced individual to join the School of Life Course Sciences Professional Services Team as the Acting Operations Assistant. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the organisations Professional Services Team, providing administrative support to the Department of Women and Children's Health and the Professorial staff.
Responsibilities will include diary management, travel arrangements, dealing efficiently with communications and correspondence, maintain record systems to facilitate information retrieval and manipulation, and process & manage expenditure against the Professorial staffs' budget. The candidate will act as a Secretary for the department, and other groups as required.
- Location: City of London
- Pay: £15 p/hr
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 37hrs per week
- Type: Temporary
- Duration: 3 Months
- To act as the primary point of contact for support services, arranging maintenance of shared and allocated equipment and other resources including printers.
- To maintain shared resources, including stationery and other supplies.
- To use and support the University's electronic record systems, ensuring data are accurate and consistent across all data sources, responding to information requests from staff and central functions, being mindful of data protection.
- To prepare communications, draft presentations, briefing documents and background materials as required.
- To take responsibility for planning and organising events/ functions and projects, including planning and organising visits by external/international delegates.
- To undertake research and data analysis when required to inform decisions and work priorities.
- To prepare and support meetings, boards, and committees, including the coordination and distribution of papers, organising events and taking notes or minutes, as required.
- To foster a stimulating, innovative and inclusive cultural environment across the organisation enabling students and staff to thrive and develop, ensuring that processes and policies are visible, accessible and transparent.
The successful candidate will...
- Harness a proactive and professional approach to work, with the ability to work independently and manage a varied workload and prioritise effectively.
- Highly effective communication skills.
- Excellent administrative skills
- Ability to work in a challenging, busy and confidential work environment.
- Experience and/or an established understanding of education development, operation and policy within a Higher Education setting is essential.
- Approachable and confident manner to collaborate effectively with colleagues and with external partners, to ensure an efficient exchange of information and meet deadlines.
If this is the role for you, then apply today! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Adecco is an equal opportunities provider.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy