Our client, who delivers radio based mobile communications services to all English Ambulance Trusts are looking to recruit a Finance Analyst who will be responsible for maintaining financial elements of the programme, supporting the Head of Finance, and providing effective financial support to the wider programme team as required.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to gain a lot of experience on the major national procurement programme to be exposed to monthly accounts process with a small, efficient and friendly team. The ideal candidate would have a pro-active attitude, eye for detail, good numeracy skills as well as administrative and customer service background.
- Location: Waterloo
- Pay: £16.40 - £21.50 p/hr
- Duration: 12 Months
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 37.5 hrs per week
- Type: Temporary
- Start Date: June
- Assist the Head of Finance the monthly financial reporting, which is to include monthly transactions review, BCR reporting, posting journals (accrual and re-code), Internal Programme Board Reporting.
- Assist the Head of Finance in the financial year end activities and budget reconciliation.
- Reconciliation of the summary of the invoices from main supplier.
- Preparation & review of documentation and reports as part of the governance of the Finance team
- Efficiently maintain finance and administrative office systems for the programme, both electronic and paper-based as required.
- Set up and maintain various monthly reconciliations.
- Pursue and resolve queries relating to the ARP programme involving the DHSC finance system BMS.
- To process invoices from ARP suppliers for payment within agreed processes and to agreed timescales.
- Dealing with enquiries related to payments and invoices as required within agreed timescales.
- To efficiently maintain the process of raising invoices.
- To chase up payment of the invoices issued by the ARP on a monthly basis.
- To process orders, maintaining and keeping a record of all orders, including monitoring delivery status of the orders, being first point of contact for all order related inquiries.
Some travelling across England may be required as well as work out of hours.
Experience and Skills:
- Qualified Accountant
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in Finance.
- Practical experience of using excel
- Experience of reconciliations
- IT skills including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook)
- Very good excel skills
- Month end process
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent numeracy
- Attention to detail
- A high level of communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships within the Programme
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload and work to deadlines (excellent time management skills)
- Ability to analyse and consolidate financial information
- Decision Making - capable of reaching timely and effective decisions based on the appropriate use of information.
- Building Customer Service - able to provide Customers/Stakeholders with a positive experience of the service delivered.
- Developing and Managing Self - able to enhance own skills and performance in the context of the organisation.
- Developing and Maintaining Relationships - able to make working relationships harmonious and productive.
- Experience in Oracle Systems.
- 5 years relevant work experience.
If this is the role for you, then apply today! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Adecco is an equal opportunities provider.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy