Community Housing Officer
1 day left
- Full Time
Recruitment practices to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and/or vulnerable adults apply to this post in addition to the possible requirement to obtain a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
* Improve outcomes for Ealing residents by providing a customer orientated service in line with Council values and objectives.
* Support residents who are vulnerable (e.g. due to old age, mental illness, or disability) to sustain their tenancies and live independently, carrying out initial assessments, and periodic reviews, of residents' support needs and the suitability of their accommodation, making recommendations where concerns arise.
* Work flexibly as part of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver tailored housing services to residents with high support needs, working in partnership with other relevant services to achieve the best outcomes for them.
* Be responsible for at least one Sheltered Housing scheme, taking all reasonable steps to ensure the welfare and safety of residents.
1) To provide clear, pragmatic and customer centred housing services tailored to residents with high support needs, to assist them to sustain their tenancy and live independently
2) To promote inclusion, cohesion and active citizenship in the neighbourhood - helping to shape opportunities and resident engagement.
3) Act as an ambassador for the Council, its services and those who provide services on its behalf - support residents to navigate and access services specific to their needs and vulnerabilities.
4) Deliver coordinated resident services as part of a multi-disciplinary team. This could include duty, home visits, planned and reactive appointments, case conferences etc.
5) To carry out welfare checks for Sheltered Housing residents and other tenants who have been identified as having additional support needs.
6) Provide intensive support to residents displaying troubling behaviours (e.g. self- neglect, hoarding etc.) helping them to engage with appropriate services and obtain the skills necessary to live independently, making regular contact to ensure continuing progression towards agreed goals.
7) To maintain accurate and retrievable records of customer contact, including key actions and decisions.
8) To promote and manage the safety of residents and assets through proactive monitoring and responsive activity to emerging risk.
9) To undertake day-to-day compliance checks including but not limited to, health and safety reports, reporting fire safety issues and water safety checks.
10) To take responsibility for the day-to-day management of at least one Sheltered Housing Scheme. This could include inductions for new residents, the handling of small monies (such as the collection of TV licence fees, guest room income and emptying payphone boxes) in accordance with agreed policies, the programming of new/replacement key fobs, and any other activities necessary to ensure the successful operation of the scheme/s.
11) Safeguard vulnerable residents in line with Council policies ensuring protective measures within the control of the postholder are expedited (e.g. referrals to Social Services)
12) Support the delivery of resident involvement and active citizen activities in the local neighbourhood (e.g. Residents Associations, CASH, Community Events, etc.) in coordination with the Resident Engagement Officers, promoting the benefits of active participation to residents.
13) To liaise with other relevant services to contribute to a holistic housing management service e.g. maintenance teams, benefits services, allocations etc. ensuring key
performance indicators are achieved.
14) To deliver all activities and tasks with skill and diplomacy, upholding the Council's equalities and diversity policies, respecting confidentiality and observing all principles of data and information security/protection.
15) To be responsible for working safely in accordance with the Council's procedures and policies.
16) To assume any other reasonable functions, duties and responsibilities as requested by the employing department which are within the reasonable competence of the post holder.
17) Work flexibly as required to undertake the role and, from time to time, meet service needs to facilitate special events in line with business requirements.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Community Housing Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.