LOCAL AUTHORITY WITHIN LEWES (BN7)
£11.25 P/H PAYE
3-MONTH TEMPORARY CONTRACT WITH POTENTIAL OF BEING ONGOING
FULL TIME MONDAY TO FRIDAY 9-5
A local authority within Lewes are recruiting for a confident pension's officer with strong customer service skills to join their busy team. The main purpose of the role will be to support and assist the Pensions Governance and Strategy Manager in meeting the Administering Authority's responsibilities in aspects of pension's management, Governance, and investment strategy.
Daily tasks will include, but not restricted to:
- Providing responses to enquiries in writing, via the telephone and in person as appropriate.
- Maintain records and systems, including computer systems, accurately inputting and retrieving data as required and ensuring that entries are kept up to date.
- Assist the Pensions Manager in managing the Pensions Fund Budget. This will include producing financial information, such as recharges, purchase orders for employers and processing pension payments as required.
- Assist with maintaining accurate accounts in accordance with best professional standards, statutory requirements and internal guidelines.
- Undertake reconciliations and provide information as required, and carry out financial administration tasks as directed by Line Manager e.g. preparing spreadsheets, obtaining information, contributing to reports and returns.
Experience working within the local authority in the pensions department desirable.
- To have a good awareness of the principles of current Local Government Pension Scheme Regulations
- Strong skills in Microsoft packages such as word and excel
- Strong customer service skills
- Employment history within finance
*Only successful candidates will be able contacted*
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy