Principal Finance Officer
Adecco are currently recruiting for a PRINCIPAL FINANCE OFFICER to work for a Local Authority in TWICKENHAM.
PRINCIPAL FINANCE OFFICER
TEMPORARY ROLE (MINIMUM 3 MONTHS)
FULL TIME - MONDAY TO FRIDAY- 36 HRS P/W
Job Purpose: The post will support the management team and budget holders in one or more division(s) in the Directorate on all financial matters including budgets, budget monitoring, value for money, technical issues and management reporting as well as supporting the Head of Finance. There is also an expectation of project work of an ad hoc nature.
Official Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
The purpose of this role is to ensure that accurate and timely financial information is provided to the budget holders of the Directorate.
The key responsibilities are:
1. To provide comprehensive professional financial management services directly and through the management of the staff, and for maintaining, monitoring and controlling the directorate budget.
2. To prepare revenue and capital monthly/quarterly/annual management accounts for a specific number of service areas as allocated.
3. To review Member reports to ensure that finance comments are accurate and provide sufficient detail for members to be able to make key decisions.
4. To provide financial information for statutory and non-statutory returns.
5. To work with budget holders to help them understand their budgets and provide accurate budget monitoring information, providing training as required.
6. To support budget holders in the review of fees and charges, analysis of tenders, investment appraisals and other financial matters.
7. To undertake detailed analysis of income and expenditure profiles and trends to provide projections on a sound basis.
8. To provide information for internal/external audit as required. Progression to grade PO3
9. Inform budget and senior managers where appropriate where specific budgets are being over / underspent. Produce ad hoc reports when requested and provides support and guidance to operational managers to enable them to optimise use of the Councils' budgetary control systems.
10. Answer ad hoc financial queries, including complex enquiries, when requested by budget and senior managers.
11. To lead on efficiency projects in the Directorate as required;
14. Responsible for year end accounting procedures ensuring that all income and expenditure is accounted for in line with the relevant accounting regulations. Official
19. Deputies for Head of Finance when requested.
Person Specification Requirements
Knowledge of local authority accounting including the Statement of Recommended Practice and other relevant codes of practice
Knowledge of legislation affecting local government finance and service delivery
Experience of successfully leading or managing high-performing teams of staff.
Experience of undertaking complex financial calculations including options appraisals, sensitivity analysis and variance analysis
Experience of simplifying complex financial issues and presenting them in a manner that the recipient understands I/T Experience of designing complex spreadsheets and using them as models for decision making
These values and behaviors will be developed further as the SSA becomes established.
Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills required
Proven oral, written and presentation skills to provide clear and concise messages in a variety of internal and external contexts
Ability to apply problem solving skills on complex issues and make recommendations to avoid problems arising in the future
Ability to plan and manage conflicting priorities, handle multiple demands for service and meet deadlines under pressure
CCAB part qualified (preferably CIPFA) (Desirable)
A Member of the Association of Accounting Technicians (Desirable)
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy