3 days left
- Full Time
Platform/DevOps Engineers (all levels)
UK Wide & London
Who you'll be working with?
The UK Government is one of the most digitally advanced in the world recently coming top of the 2016 United Nations E-Government and E-Procurement surveys. Despite the progress, citizens feel that the country works for those who govern and not for citizens themselves. People want a more responsive state, they want change and they want it at pace and at scale. In response to those challenges, UK government has a bold IT vision based on user centric design, Agile development, open source software, continuous delivery, infrastructure automation, cloud computing and a DevOps culture. What it needs is partner organisations to help put this vision into practice. Capgemini are one of those partners, and we need people like you.
You'll be working for one or more of our major Public Sector clients. These include HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, The Home Office, Ministry of Justice, Department for Education and the NHS amongst others with offices in Newcastle, Leeds, Manchester, Blackpool, Croydon, central London, Worthing, Southend, Bristol and many others. Working on site with a client can provide considerable benefits to a project such as faster decision making, reduced misunderstanding and closer collaboration but we understand very well that this has to be balanced with the need for flexible working.
The focus of your role?
We want passionate, energetic Platform Engineers to work as part of an agile team to help clients build and continuously improve digital services using the best of open source software. We're looking for Engineers that aren't afraid to roll up their sleeves and get stuck-in. You should learn quickly and love a challenge. Join us and help grow our already large and strong community of digital specialists, share ideas and innovate. You'll be surrounded by some amazing people and working in one of the best cultures that you can find.
What you'll do
- You'll work with great engineers - at the end of the day it's all about people. Capgemini has a team of great engineers who work together in a community and help each other to deliver and develop as professionals. We work on large scale, technically challenging projects.
- You'll work with great technology - the UK Government has an IT strategy based on user centric design, modern open source technology, continuous integration/delivery, and modern software architectures such as micro-services and cloud technology to name but a few.
- You'll help us achieve our vision - the chance to make a real difference at the heart of the digital transformation within the UK Public Sector.
- You'll get opportunities to develop and progress - working on large scale, technically challenging projects. You will be constantly learning through modern learning environments such as Linux Academy, A Cloud Guru and the Capgemini University. You will have the opportunity to attend conferences, support tech meet-ups, take part in hackathons, gain industry recognised certification and much, much more.
What you'll bring?
We are looking for Platform Engineers with an appetite to extend their knowledge and apply new skills rapidly on challenging projects. You'll bring a broad range of experience in modern open source stacks, so don't worry if you haven't got strong experience in every skill listed below. If you can demonstrate a good selection of these skills, and a passion for developing exciting new technical skills, then we'd really like to talk to you.
- Experience debugging a complex, multi-server service in a high availability production environment.
- Experience of commodity cloud providers such as AWS or Azure in a production system.
- Continuous Integration systems such as
- Configuration Management tooling (Ansible/Puppet/Chef/Salt)
- Good understanding of the Hashicorp Suite (Packer, Terraform, Vault, Vagrant, Consul)
- Containerisation - Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm
- Testing, setup and configuration of monitoring/alerting tooling (Ops-View, Nagios, ELK, Graphite, Grafana, Zabbix, etc)
- Experience using languages such as Ruby, Python, Go and Java within an existing, production code-base.
- Experience working in multidisciplinary agile teams.
- Networking knowledge including switching, routing, VPN's, Load balancing (Software/hardware), CDN
- Security knowledge including Firewalls (Software/hardware), IPS/IDS, Anti-virus, SIEM, IDaM, DDO
- Strong communication skills; with the ability to convey complex technical concepts clearly and concisely
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 24 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for DevOps/Platform Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.