Payroll Team Leader
Adecco are currently recruiting for a PAYROLL TEAM LEADER to work for a local authority in WANDSWORTH.
PAYROLL TEAM LEADER
£17.39 PER HOUR
FULL TIME - 36 HOURS PER WEEK
TEMPORARY ROLE (MINIMUM 3 MONTHS)
To assist the Payroll Manager in delivering effective payroll services for the areas of the councils' payrolls, as well as assisting with other section workloads and deadlines when required. Responsible for 4 payroll coordinators.
- To administer, run, process and finalise allocated payrolls accurately and on time, using the Council's HR / Payroll system (iTrent) and Business Objects.
- To liaise closely with the Payroll Coordinators to maintain an overall view of the section's workloads, to ensure all section deadlines are met.
- Availability to, on occasion, work outside the normal working hours of 9 to 5, to ensure that deadlines are met.
- To maintain a high level of payroll system knowledge to enable the taking of full responsibility for running specified payrolls from start to finish.
- To liaise with clients in setting deadlines for documentation receipt.
- To liaise with Payroll and Processing Team regarding timetables for input, processing and completion of specific payrolls.
- Employing best use of available resources for absence cover, vacancies and periodic work peaks that occur at certain times in the year.
- To ensure Payroll Coordinators and adequately and comprehensively trained in all areas of payroll administration.
- To monitor the performance of Payroll Coordinators to identify training needs. Liaising with Payroll Manager to facilitate identified trainings requirements.
- To support the Payroll Manager by monitoring progress against targets. Identifying problems at an early stage and escalating to Payroll Manager.
- To ensure that all payroll deadlines and service targets are met by the teams.
- To ensure that Councils / departmental standards are adhered to, that payroll records are maintained, security of information is safeguarded and that payments are correct and correctly authorized.
- To ensure compliance with specified procedures, reviewing procedures and internal checks within the payroll teams.
- To communicate with Payroll Manager and team members to ensure a smooth flow of guidance, changes and key information.
- To ensure all queries addressed to the teams are monitored and resolved quickly.
- To handle complex queries.
- To maintain an in depth knowledge of the payroll systems to optimize payroll processes, informing the Payroll Manager of any wider system problems.
- To have the ability to undertake duties of a Payroll Coordinator and / or Payroll Team Leader.
- To ensure that payroll logs are completed to assist in budgeting for payrolls.
- To provide assistance and training with Parental Pay, interpretation of tax and other payroll operational and statutory regulations.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy