Information & Statistics Officer
Recruitment practices to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and/or vulnerable adults apply to this post in addition to the possible requirement to obtain a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. (Delete if not applicable)
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
* To make a major contribution to the LA's ability to use data to drive strategies, identify priorities and evaluate progress.
* Primary responsibility for the collection of accurate performance information to fulfil the statutory obligation of the department to Central Government for information requirements; and to demonstrate that the Children and Families and Adults Social Care is meeting nationally prescribed targets which will secure ongoing funding and support the efficient use of resources.
* Define and determine performance improvement within the service, with particular relevance to raising achievement
1. To manage the collection, organisation and analysis of all forms of performance information, with the aim of improving the quality and effectiveness of the work of the Children's and Families and Adult Social Care.
2. To ensure that the department and Council's Senior Management Teams quarterly and annual report deadlines are met and that the statistical returns are an accurate reflection of the work of the Children's and Families and Adult Social Care.
3. To ensure the accuracy of recidivism data to ensure that the Children's and Families and Adult Social Care can demonstrate that it has met obligations in relation to targets relating all performance indicators across Children's and Families and Adult Social Care.
4. Collection, interpretation and presentation, both verbally and in written form, to the Performance Management Board and other forums, of data in relation to Children's and Families and Adult Social Care performance indicators.
5. Research and collection of information around specific issues as required by the Children's and Families and Adult Social Care management team.
6. To run regular data cleansing and exception reporting on the Frameworki system and liaise with the Head of Service, Deputy Heads of Services and practitioners where deficits are identified.
7. To be responsible for the overseeing of the quality assurance of management information and provide accurate and timely management information reports to given deadlines. To ensure the quality and accuracy of all information inputted and collected
8. To specify, write, amend and test service specific performance reports.
9. To have a full working knowledge of all aspects of the client information systems Frameworki including the ability to run searches and queries on data as required.
1. Liaison and collaborative working with computer system and software providers, support services and data analysis staff in other departments and organisations to maintain the flow of management information. In particular, managing the complex interface between council supported IT services, the external software providers, and the Department and Council's Senior Management Teams.
2. Undertake necessary action to support the implementation of the e-government agenda, the linking of the Department of Children, Schools and Families (DCSF)/Department of Health (DH), and any other information technology developments.
3. Responsibility for the process of monitoring and evaluation of quality of service provided to parents, victims and other service users including adults.
4. Responsibility for the effective practice quality assurance process, other inspections, audits and internal monitoring processes.
5. To provide exception reporting in any aspects of the Frameworki system to ensure that Managers and Practitioners have the ability to input data correctly.
6. To provide regular information relating to the performance of the Children and Families and Adult Social Care against performance targets, Children and Families and Adult Social Care Plan targets as well as targets identified as best practice.
7. To provide the Head of Services with data and written information reports as requested.
8. To liaise with the Education Team, the YJS, CCG and Voluntary Organisations and other partners to contribute data to a strategic approach for the improvement of performance and services.
9. In consultation with the Head of Service, Deputy Head of Service and practitioners to originate, review and amend policy and procedures documents within the Children and Families and Adult Social Care in the light of legislative and other developments.
10. To provide necessary advice and guidance on performance data and information matters in relation to legislation, policy and procedure. Identify and develop changes in performance reporting to deliver effective management information and reporting on the Changes.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy