INTERIM CONSULTANT IN PUBLIC HEALTH
Adecco are currently recruiting for an Interim Consultant in Public Health for a Local Authority in Wandsworth.
Interim Consultant in Public Health
Temporary Contract (3 to 6 months minimum)
£500 per day (flexible)
Our client present a unique opportunity to be part of a team who are working together to deliver a ground-breaking shared staffing structure in local government.
We are recruiting to an interim Consultant in Public Health role to support both councils to improve the health and wellbeing of local populations. The post will be for a period of at least three months.
- Working on two projects - Suicide Prevention and Knife Crime
- No direct reports however may be required to assist with team management
- Flexible on working location e.g working from home
- SUCCESFUL CANDIDATE WILL EITHER BE A MEDIC REGISTERED WITH GENERAL MEDICAL CLINIC OR A NON MEDIC ON THE PUBLIC HEALTH REGISTER.
- All other applicants must provide verifiable signed documentary evidence that they have applied for inclusion in the GMC/GDC/UKPHR specialist registers and are within 6 months of gaining entry at the date of interview.
Skills & Experience required
As well as strong skills and experience in leading on complex Public Health issues, we are looking for a positive attitude and the ability to cope with multiple and changing demands. You will be able to work flexibly and autonomously. You will be politically astute and enable elected members to maximise their positive impact on health and wellbeing. You will be a clear communicator and able to take people with you to affect change. You will embrace diversity and be able to work and influence people from all walks of life.
Applicants must be on the GMC Specialist Register/GDC Specialist List/UK Public Health Register (UKPHR) for Public Health Specialists. All other applicants must provide verifiable signed documentary evidence that they have applied for inclusion in the GMC/GDC/UKPHR specialist registers and are within 6 months of gaining entry at the date of interview.
You will lead on a range of portfolio areas and strategic programmes. This is likely to include Consultant-level support for the following areas of work:
- Provide support to DPH on a new Knife Crime Taskforce in Wandsworth, including supporting a Needs Assessment and review of evidence.
- CPH lead for health protection oversight function. This includes supporting the development of SOPs for a range of situations, supporting basic training of PH team to help respond, and carrying out a test of the Business Continuity Plan. Depending on timing, it may also involve supporting development of work on reducing local inequalities (e.g. in screening or immunisations), and input into our health protection annual report for Health & Wellbeing Board.
- Support early implementation of sexual health strategies in both boroughs.
- Oversee implementation of suicide prevention strategy in Richmond and refresh of strategy in Wandsworth.
- Provide a lead on reviewing the current dementia strategy for Richmond to identify gaps in implementation, with support from a Specialty Registrar.
- Begin work on an Annual Public Health Report.
- Contribute to ongoing input to the Health and Care Plans.
- Provide technical support to Prevention team while recruitment is underway for a Senior Lead.
- You will report to the Joint Acting Directors of Public Health in the newly formed Directorate of Adult Social Care and Public Health, operating in a Public Health system that is embedded across all departments.
- The role is required immediately - ideally with a start date in May.
- This role will be required until summer 2019, but may be extended further.
- The daily rate is £500 p/d including any fees.
- Full-time or part-time (at least 0.6WTE) would be considered.
- The role will be based over two sites - Twickenham and Wandsworth (flexible)
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy