Future Programme Officer
**** This role will be paying up to £400 umbrella per day - depending on experience **** 6 MONTHS FTC - with a possible extension
The Programme Management Office is responsible for supporting the definition and implementation of Future Ealing. Government budget cuts and rising demand mean the council must transform how it works - Future Ealing is our response.
The Future Ealing Programme Manager will manage the programme of substantial projects that make up the large-scale transformation of services and how outcomes are delivered in Ealing. Helping to manage the programme delivery through robust co-ordination, reporting and risk management, in-line with best practice and corporate standards as well as owning the Project Management Office framework for change
Please see 3 key deliverables to be achieved :
* Development an improvement plan based on the results of the Internal Audit;
* Produce a plan for the whole Future Ealing (FE) Programme;
* Finalise dependency mapping for FE Programme.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
- Lead the development of a comprehensive programme management structure for Future Ealing, as part of the Future Ealing PMO. To that end, co-ordinate a programme of complex projects as part of a whole-organisation outcome-led transformation programme
- Lead the establishment of best practice systems to ensure effective programme management and delivery of the FE programme and ensure benefit realisation
- Lead management and resolution of complex programme issues, conflicts and risks within the programme to ensure effective overall delivery
- Responsible for working with key stakeholders and members of the Future Ealing PMO to create an environment that is outcome focussed, innovative and delivery focussed, to ensure successful delivery of the priority Future Ealing outcomes and to support a programme of activity to embed that culture within the organisation
- Responsible for working independently to engage internal and external stakeholders to build understanding and engagement with the goals of the programme and proactively resolve issues as they emerge.
- Deliver expert support to business areas of the council to develop innovative and credible proposals that improve outcomes for residents and deliver the councils MTFS
- Lead on the development of the programme implementation timetable, working with service leads, to ensure a coherent, integrated and credible delivery plan
- Develop and put in place a fit for purpose programme wide reporting structure to enable Corporate Board to effectively programme manage delivery of the FE programme overall, manage risk and ensure benefit realisation
- Ensure best practice in project and programme management within the community of practitioners delivering projects within the Future Ealing programme
- Responsible for being the primary point of liaison for the Future Ealing PMO and services and resolution of issues as they emerge
- Manage and resolve tensions between potentially conflicting individual programme workstreams in the interests of the programme as a whole
- Have the confidence and credibility to constructively and intelligently question and challenge senior decision makers when necessary
- Be aware of innovation and developments across the public sector so that Ealing's programme is informed by a high-quality understanding of opportunities for and tools to achieve change
- Leading and contributing to the development and assessment of high quality business cases for transformation investment to deliver agreed transformation priorities including robust assessments of expected outcome and financial performance
- Responsible for working independently with senior (EDG and CB level) sponsors of the cross-cutting Future Ealing themes - commercial, digital and efficiency to ensure a co-ordinated programme
- Assess and make recommendations on requests for spend against the agreed programme budget for Future Ealing to ensure maximum impact of the programme
- Manage the programme office budget and make recommendations on the use of the wider programme budget
- Drive change of organisational culture by contributing content to the internal communications plan for Future Ealing, showcasing progress and how the council is working differently to realise change.
Build and maintain elected member visibility and confidence in the programme by providing regular briefings as required to Cabinet, portfolio holders, Overview and Scrutiny and others as necessary.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy