PA and Communication Assistant
Our client, a public sector organisation are currently looking for a PA and Communication Assistant to support the director specifically and the Communications Team administratively.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the work of a busy and highly professional team in a very dynamic environment supporting Britain's railways and strategic road network.
Type: Temporary, full time, 37 hours per week
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 3 months
Pay Rate: £16 per hour
**Successful candidate will be required to go through a DBS**
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Director as his PA : anticipating/ resolving conflicting appointments; dealing with queries
- Organising his internal and external meetings using Outlook Calendar
- Booking meeting rooms and equipment, ordering catering and informing reception
- Organising travel and accommodation, ensuring that the arrangements made are value for money and follow the organisations guidelines
- Drafting agendas, collating and circulating meeting papers
- Attending and taking minutes at meetings
- Responding to telephone and written enquiries
- Creating and maintaining Word documents, Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations as required.
- Assisting with organisation of external events and reception duties, producing rotas for out of hours media cover, circulating the daily media brief to staff and ensuring the business management system for the directorate is kept updated.
- Processing financial documentation, including raising purchase orders, checking expenses claim forms, reconciliation of travel and catering invoices, inputting financial data onto the relevant spreadsheets
- Working closely with and providing cover for other members of the directorate during absence and busy periods.
- Liaising with other PAs across the organisation.
Essential Skills/ Experience:
- Can demonstrate the ability to learn new systems easily and flexible to adapt to new ways of working;
- Strong IT skills, particularly MS Outlook (managing own and team's diaries, arranging meetings), Word (drafting letters, agendas, minutes); and Excel (maintaining existing spreadsheets);
- Strong spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Able to communicate with people at all levels in a polite, confident, assertive manner - including face to face and over the phone - and to create good work relationships
- Willing to take ownership and responsibility for own area of work
- Excellent organisational skills, able to prioritise tasks effectively and meet tight deadlines
- Able to maintain accurate electronic and paper records
- Good proofreading skills
- Writing minutes
- Use of PowerPoint
Adecco is an equal opportunities provider and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy