Head of Project Management and Portfolio
Role: Head of Project Management and Portfolio
Organisation: Coventry University
Closing Date: 28/04/2019
Here at Coventry University, we are embarking on a technology transformation that will see IT support the contemporary needs of our staff and students. We're looking for passionate and innovative people who are ready to push the boundaries to create better futures.
Coventry University's transformation into one of the world's leading educational establishments is being matched by an ambitious IT Transformation. This Transformation will deliver technology with a global reach that supports the growing needs of students, staff and stakeholders. Process automation, distance learning, developments in digital and student care will see new IT capabilities support the contemporary needs of our staff and students. To deliver this transformation the University needs people with real passion, the ability to think innovatively and with an energy that will create change at pace and push boundaries to create better futures.
As the Head of Project Management and Portfolio you'll assign work requirements to the projects team whilst yourself remaining engaged and maintaining point of contact for stakeholders. Ensuring best practice and standards is a priority and you'll be accountable for the full performance and delivery of portfolio projects.
- Accountable for the organisation's project portfolio management framework and the delivery of a portfolio of programmes, projects, products and/or ongoing services.
- Dynamic in maintaining an agile and lean way of operating to ensure the pace of delivery meets the Group prerequisites.
- Pro-active in the use of common standards to manage, assure and report ideas and projects.
- Set the prioritisation of resources within the portfolio.
- Work with key stakeholders and senior management to determine engagement and ensure projects are delivered to the confirmed business objectives.
- Drive the performance of people through direction, support, guidance, motivation, and management of performance.
- Excellent understanding of portfolio and project life cycles.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline with a chartered professional qualification or substantial experience in related field in lieu of the above.
- Substantial background of portfolio and project management in a large, complex organisation.
- Practical knowledge in a range of delivery methodologies including Waterfall, Agile and Nested delivery frameworks.
- Highly proficient in the management of an investment budget and its associated benefits and ensuring delivery is value focused at all times.
- Exceptional stakeholder and leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate across various teams.
The University offers a wide range of benefits in addition to a competitive salary.
The pension scheme is excellent and the holiday allowances are generous.
Recognising the importance of well-being, we offer childcare vouchers, discounted rates on healthcare plans and advice on healthy living.
As an educational establishment we encourage and support continued learning and provide access to resources that set Coventry University apart from most employers.
In addition Coventry University Staff have access to a wide range of discounted products and services, including supermarket shopping, restaurants and visitor attractions.