Census Engagement Manager -Welsh Speaking
The Office for National Statistics (ONS) require a Census Engagement Manager
Full time- 37 hours per hour week
Location : County of Ceredigion
This is a fantastic opportunity to help your area count for the 2021 Census! Your engagement and outreach work will aim to maximise participation. The ONS are responsible for running the census and planning is well underway! In 2019, ONS will hold a rehearsal to test all the processes, systems and services. For this position, you will not only be able to take part in a project of national and local importance but also receive training and the opportunity to apply for future projects.
The successful candidate will be Welsh speaking (to a standard sufficient to confidently discuss the census in every-days terms) alongside English speaking and will focus on establishing and cultivating links with local authorities and community groups within the assigned area. Focusing on publicity and media liaison work, for which you’ll receive media training, you’ll act as the local media census spokesperson when appropriate.
The role of a Census Engagement Manager
- Responsible for managing local engagement for the census operation.
- To ensure the maximum number of people complete their census questionnaires.
- With the help of the Census Team, focus on establishing links with local authorities and community groups and engage with key population groups, for example by giving presentations to community groups.
- Work with area operations managers, regularly sharing information about your activities.
- Act as local census spokesperson when appropriate.
Skills and experience
- Welsh Language skills in addition to English (Training available to improve your Welsh language skills)
- Previous involvement in community engagement / community projects.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise to achieve deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including delivering presentations, with experience of dealing with people at all levels with strong influencing /negotiating skills.
- Proven ability to develop networks such as with local authorities and local communities.
- Track record of making sound judgements and resolving issues.
- IT skills including experience of using a variety of software and use of mobile device (tablet or smartphone).
It’s desirable for you to have:
- Good knowledge of the Ceredigion area.
- Language skills in addition to English.
- Media handling and/or interview skills.
- Hold a current full UK driving licence and have the use of a motor vehicle (insured for business use) for which you’ll be paid a mileage allowance.
- Willing to work unsociable hours or have the flexibility to work the hours to best support the community (this will include some evening and weekend work) and able to travel, for example to deal with issues and attend meetings with staff and stakeholders.
Apply for Census Engagement Manager -Welsh Speaking
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.