3-4 MONTH CONTRACT
£16.07 PER HOUR
MONDAY - FRIDAY, 9AM-5PM
BASED IN CENTRAL LONDON
Adecco are looking for a Centres Administrator to work in one of London's top universities. The Centres Administrator is the first point of contact for all administrative and logistical support for the universities centres and is responsible for their day-to-day financial management. They deputise for the Centres Officer in their absence and provide some basic event support.
- Acting as the main point of contact for administrative and financial requests initiated by Centres, including managing Centres email inboxes, responding to enquiries and ensuring ongoing support or directing to colleagues as appropriate
- Planning, booking and allocating resources for Centres activities such as travel for speakers, accommodation, entertainment etc. and advising the Centres Officer on financial viability of major activities (e.g. retreats, reports)
- To ensure membership data and other lists are maintained and regularly reviewed in line with GDPR
- To manage, monitor and track Centre budgets through monthly financial reports, ensuring all procedures are in line with the universities financial regulations and any specific conditions attached to the funding, updating the Centres Officer on progress and escalating any potential issues to them
- To prepare financial documentation required for end of financial year in liaison with the Finance office and with sign off from the Centres Officer
- To attend Centre Management meetings, Steering Group Committee meetings, and the Centre Directors' Forum when the Centres Officer is not in attendance, taking minutes as required (at Forum and Steering Group meetings only)
- Deputising for the Centres Officer when required including in meetings with the Deputy Director & Provost, at conferences and student events promoting the Centres' work
- To work with the Centres Officer to provide basic event support for lectures, conferences and symposiums during working hours (9-5, Mon-Fri) - this includes ensuring rooms are prepared, presentations are working correctly and catering is delivered.
- To provide on the day support to strategic engagement activities (major Centre events managed by the events staff in Communications & Engagement including retreats and annual lectures) - this may include out-of-hours work, in which case time off in lieu will be granted
You must have proven experience of working with budgets, ideally using Agresso.
** Please apply with your CV and note only successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted**
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy