ASE Co-Designer (or Collaborative Designer)
ASE Co-Designer (or Collaborative Designer)
The focus of your role
Do you believe that if you can't have fun with a problem, you will never solve it? Do you have a thirst for learning and a passion for developing yourself? Are you looking to use your [technical capability and] creative thinking skills for a unique purpose? Capgemini's Accelerated Solutions Environment (ASE) is a world-class facilitation capability that enables our clients to address their most complex problems, and we are looking for a curious and creative Collaborative Designer (Co-Designer) to join our team of designers, technologists and facilitators.
If you are not sure what a Collaborative Designer is yet… or whether you could be one, have no fear: as long as you are willing to learn and contribute, collaborative knowledge sharing is a key part of our success. In our experience, everybody brings new skills, perspectives and experiences, which enables us to continuously grow our capability.
Who you'll be working with
You will be joining the UK ASE team made up of 42 highly skilled individuals, co-located in two bespoke designed locations in London and Telford. The ASE is a unique place within Capgemini that works with clients to help them solve complex business problems. We support Capgemini's most important sales and delivery priorities through designing and delivering collaborative interventions that are focused on driving business outcomes. From creating enriching engagements through visual and audio stimulus, to facilitation of large groups of people from the front and back of the room, the UK ASE team each bring a variety of skills that cover the facilitation spectrum. Collaborative methodologies such as Design Thinking, Systems Thinking and principles of co-creation are central to the way we work… it's ok if you're not familiar with these methodologies, we believe that discovering you don't know something is the first step to knowing it. We are a team who will call out to each other when we make a mistake, but we will shout even louder when things go well. Either way, we support each other to improve next time with an open culture that supports individual and team growth.
What you'll do
Using your creative thinking you will be co-designing transformational workshops and using your design skills to deliver business outcomes. To enable this you will learn and deliver through a variety of roles that are required to run a successful event. For example:
- Designing and setting a physical space to maximise productivity (digitally or physically)
- Selecting and staging the most impactful audio stimulus to create the right energy and environment for an event
- Ensuring the right information is showcased in a way which meets a variety of learning styles
- Drafting assignments by developing key questions that will drive the work done by participants
- Creating work products that co-ordinate event outputs and enable the work to live
- Capturing the essence and content of conversations to enable insights to be recorded
Innovation and collaboration will be at the heart of everything you do. Every engagement you're involved in will be different and delivered with a varying team of highly motivated and effective knowledge workers. Your days will be fast paced, requiring you to work closely with colleagues and clients to support the delivery of collaborative events that have a lasting business impact. There is an expectation that you will learn and contribute to all areas required to successfully run an event, and gain a detailed and insightful understanding of the ASE methodology used to facilitate problem solving.
The ASE is self-sustaining so everyone has a part to play in continuing the internal development of the ASE venture, our people and the broader Capgemini group. It's up to all of us to help shape best practice and enable continuous improvement within the ASE team.
What you'll bring
Each of our Co-Designers has a uniquely valuable skill set. We're looking for you to demonstrate:
- A willingness to think and work differently
- A creative, innovative and inquisitive approach to work - using information to generate new ideas
- Excellent listening, team working and communication skills. A self-motivated and collaborative individual.
- An ability to work quickly in a changing environment, ensuring tight time schedules and deadlines are met to an appropriate standard
- Flexibility to travel, work long hours during event days
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including PowerPoint and Excel
Please also let us know if you have an interest or experience in:
- Video production, editing and animation
What we'll offer you
We strongly believe that everybody's career path is different. We will proactively support your professional development and accelerated career progression - including opportunities to grow your capability and deliver. We work in an environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit (we've invented our own game!), and although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.