Purchase Ledger Clerk
Purchase Ledger Clerk
£25,000 - £28,000
This is an exciting opportunity to join a large organisation working within a small purchase ledger team. You will have previous experience of working within a similar role and be keen to continue to do so. You must have previous experience of using the system COINS. Our client offers excellent salary and benefits and adopts a family feel environment.Responsibilities:
- Process invoices (supply and sub-contractors) in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure accurate accounting for VAT, subcontractor tax and CITB payments as appropriate.
- Match purchase orders to invoices and GRNs as appropriate.
- Prepare and authorise invoices for payment taking into consideration Divisional cash flow requirements.
- Labour only input as applicable.
- Process utility bills.
- Confirm meter readings.
- Ensure all data entry is completed within deadlines.
- Deal with queries from suppliers / subcontractors / divisional surveyors and accountants as and when required.
- Liaise with site managers, suppliers, buyers to resolve invoice queries or to obtain missing documentation.
- General administration duties such as filing, photocopying, post handling.
- Monthly statement reconciliations
- Preparation of new supplier account forms
- Promote and act in accordance with Group values, systems, policies and procedures.
- IT literate, with a sound working knowledge of MS Excel and Coins experience.
- Numerate, with good organisation and administration skills.
- Self-disciplined, with demonstrably good time management skills and the ability to manage a number of priorities.
- Able to multi-task, and work efficiently and accurately under pressure.
- Team player, supportive of departmental colleagues.
- Professional and pleasant manner in dealing with internal and external customers.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.office-angels.com/candidate-privacy