Senior Manager - Programme Administration
Provide both directly, and through the PA team, best quality operational support to
academic programmes and directors.
Manage the PA team, thereby supervising all programme administration duties,
- Academic calendars
- Student records
- Course status and changes
- Student attendance and monitoring
- Awards and certificates
- Transcript production
- Graduation ceremonies
- Student complaints and appeals
- Mitigating circumstances
- Academic Boards
- Student representation
- Quality standards implementation
- Ensure optimal allocation of Programme Administration responsibilities, maximising performance standards across the Department.
- Together with the HR department and the DQAS, agree personal development plans with PA staff are developed, monitored and executed.
- Provide support/guidance to team members on technical matters (including Aurion), ensuring best practice and optimal service quality.
- Operate as an Aurion "key user".
- Report regularly to the DQAS on programme administration standards, targets and metrics.
- Liaise with Quality Manager to ensure all quality standards are implemented on each academic degree programme.
- Provide statistical analysis and reporting to Academic Directors and The DQAS as appropriate (e.g. for course reports).
- Work collaboratively with The Languages Centre Manager to ensure all administration and operations for languages on degree programmes work effectively and in support of student experience.
- University degree, Master's desirable
- Excellent knowledge of the Higher Education landscape in the UK
- Experience in managing a team
- Experience in liaising with academics
- Experience in interacting with students
- Proven knowledge of Higher Education quality standards and quality review processes
Skills & abilities:
- Communication, both verbally and in writing, clearly, accurately and effectively in English and French
- Excellent organisational skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to be proactive and work under own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Problem solving and decision making
- Intercultural awareness
- Ability to analyse and collate information
- Excellent IT skills (including the Microsoft Office suite)
- Ability to maintain administrative systems and procedures
Personal Attributes and Qualities
- Commitment to and understanding of equal opportunities issues in a diverse and multicultural environment
- Good attention to detail: accurate, meticulous and conscientious
- Dependable, reliable, punctual, flexible, self-motivated
- Ability to demonstrate tact, confidentiality and discretion
The post holder must:
- Respect the confidentiality of data stored electronically and by other means in line with the Data Protection Act;
- Undertake such other duties within the scope of the post as may be requested by the immediate line manager;
- Undertake additional duties as may be reasonably required, commensurate with the level of responsibility.
If this company and position appeals to you then please apply your CV on-lineOffice Angels are an equal opportunities employerOffice Angels are an Employment BusinessThank you for your interest in this role. All successful applications will be contacted within 5 working days. Due to the high volume of applications we receive we do ask for your patience to wait to hear from the consultant rather than to call us directly.If you have not heard after 5 working days then unfortunately we were unable to consider your application on this occasion.Office Angels Oxford Circus branch look after roles in the following locations and all areas in between: Oxford Circus, Bond Street, Marble Arch, Marylebone, Mayfair, Baker Street, Edgware Road, Regents Park, St Johns Wood, Primrose Hill
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.office-angels.com/candidate-privacy