IT support Technician
We are currently working with our well established clients based Ilminster to recruit an IT Support Technician to join them on a permanent basis.
This is a full time position working Monday-Friday 09:00-17:00 on a salary of £26,000 pa. Our clients are also offering a benefits package which includes 26 days holiday plus bank holidays, and quarterly bonus between 3%-6%.
This job is primarily based in Ilminster, however you may be required to travel to other UK sites including Torquay, Devon, Glenrothes, Scotland and others if and when acquired.
The role of the IT Support Technician will be to ensure that the network infrastructure is functioning efficiently and that there are no breaches in the security system. You will be required to assist users in system operations and help to correct malfunctions or breakdowns promptly.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining systems, installing new units, and making modifications to the network system as required.
- Troubleshooting and assisting users with any difficulties they may encounter.
- Performing diagnostic tests to ensure integrity of system and upgrading firewall and virus protection on a regular basis.
- Will be responsible for the installation and maintenance of peripheral devices, including printers, routers and switches
- Maintaining e-mail system and adds users as required.
- Working with the network administrator to review and analyse hardware and software needs and recommending changes and upgrades.
- Educating users on system usages and policies.
The successful candidate will ideally have a degree in computer science or other IT related qualifications such as MCSE/ CompTIA or equivalent. You will also be required to have the following attributes:
- A willingness to be on call and to work flexible hours if necessary in case of serious network malfunction.
- The ability to work with both technical and non-technical personnel to solve network problems
- Be results orientated.
- Have proven problem solving skills
- Have a flexible approach to working to meet deadlines
- Have a high level of customer focus
- Proven capability to learn and implement new skills and processes.
- Attention to detail and understanding of the business environment
If you feel that this is the role for you then please submit your CV or call Georgie on 01823 285440.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.office-angels.com/candidate-privacy