Global HR Business Partner - Certification
Providing first class HR Business Partnering support you will be working closely with the management team to contribute to the development of the business strategy allowing you to make a real impact in developing robust people plans.
At Lloyd's Register, we never stop looking for ways to improve on excellence. This drives our commitment to setting global safety standards, and also defines our approach to providing engineering solutions to our global client base.
BA&IS is made up of three business operations Certification, Customised Assurance and Inspection Services. Our business provides a range of assurance services globally. We are looking for a Global HR Business Partner to work with the Business Director
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR Business Partner to join the
BA&IS HR Team. We are looking for a bright team player, who has strong strategic thinking capabilities to develop robust people plans. You will be commercially savvy with excellent senior stakeholder management skills, have strong negotiation skills whilst being able to prioritise and work to tight deadlines/work under pressure. This is a highly proactive and collaborative role and will act as the key liaison point between BA&IS HR team, Area HR Managers, Centre's of Expertise
Strategic Planning: contribute to business stream strategy; develop local people strategy and plans.
Organisation effectiveness: Coach and support the business on organisation design and development
Review organisation capability and develop interventions to improve and adapt to changing circumstances;
Ensure that change is managed and embedded well; Oversee LR's EVP and issues relating to employee experience / engagement in the business, challenging ways of working and developing action plans to improve.
Resourcing: Develop business stream workforce and resource plans and work with CoE Resourcing to ensure delivery of high quality resource requirements in timely fashion; Participate in assessment / interviews for senior leadership roles.
Performance management: Provide input and lessons learnt to PPP process; ensure business leadership understand and deliver the PPP process effectively; create people / HR related objectives with senior leadership teams and ensure cascaded through business; Facilitate calibrations for senior leadership only; Support leadership in resolution of significant performance and capability issues at senior level.
Capability Development: Oversee the identification, development and delivery of technical competencies in line with people strategy; Establish overall learning requirements and development needs for business (high level TNA - outcome focused) via strategic planning process and feed into Learning Academy as part of L&D planning process. Ensure appropriate focus and priority on learning and development in own business stream. Approve overall L&D plan on behalf of business stream. Commission new / changing requirements with Learning Academy on behalf of business stream and monitoring to ensure delivery of outcomes.
Reward - Provide input to Reward CoE to reflect business priorities and issues; Work with CoE to ensure effective delivery of pay review and on-going effective employee pay and benefits progression in business area; Calibrate moves, promotions and grades locally at senior levels to ensure consistency.
Talent Management - Work with senior leadership teams to deliver Organisation Capability Review and associated talent management processes for own Business Stream including completion of 9 box grids, extracting T&LD impacts etc. Track and ensure delivery of leadership development and succession plans on behalf of the business for all except Senior leadership /board level roles.
HR Services - Ensure that employees use the appropriate HR channels for advice and services; support the delivery of HR Services by working with regional HR teams and SSCs to identify and remove obstacles.
- Experienced HR professional - A graduate or appropriately qualified professional with deep experience and expertise e.g. MCIPD
- Demonstrable experience of mergers and acquisitions activity including leading HR due diligence processes and implementing HR integration plans
- Extensive experience of operating as a HR business partner within a professional services environment.
- Strong strategic thinking ability with the ability to develop robust people plans.
- Excellent skills in organisation development, organisation design and change management.
- Demonstrable experience of building sustainable relationships with multi-cultural clients, influence multiple stakeholders at all levels and successfully function within a highly complex matrix organisation.
- Extensive experience of coaching senior management on a range of people and wider organisational issues.
- Good understanding of business strategy/planning and strong commercial acumen.
- Good negotiation skills with the ability to work under pressure.
- Result oriented, assertive, flexible and enthusiastic team player with a "can do" attitude.