HR Assistant - Part Time
We are currently looking for an adaptable Part Time HR Assistant with excellent communication and team working skills to work for a down to earth, local company.
This company is offering really flexible working hours of 25 hours per week. You will be required to work Wednesdays however the rest of the hours can be made up anytime across the rest of the week. The starting salary will be £25,000 PA Pro Rata with excellent benefits of 20 days holiday plus bank holidays, company pension and free parking on site.
The main purpose of the role will be to assist the HR Manager in managing the people assets of the business and ensuring that staff are employed in accordance with legislation in force during their time of employment.
- Assist with development of the organisation's human resources policies, including working hours, use of ICT, data security, staff and client confidentiality, personal data security, health and safety and lone worker policies.
- Assist with payroll delivery when required
- Assist managers to recruit, interview, test, and select employees to fill vacant positions including providing policy and administrative support in formulation of job specification, person specification, advertising, interview process and liaison with third parties such as recruitment agencies.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitudes towards Company goals and mission statement.
- Keep records of benefits plans participation (such as pensions), promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Administer benefits programs such as life, health insurance, pension plans, holiday, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Contribute to advice to management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Administer the performance review program to ensure effectiveness including appraisal processes and disciplinary.
- Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation, and conduct exit interviews to determine the reasons behind separations.
- Report on, and recommend procedures to reduce, absenteeism and improve retention.
- Contribute to delivery of positive staff well being by leading on the monitoring and reporting of issues associated with the physical working environment.
- Assist with maintaining the staff working environment and facilities.
You will need to have excellent initiative and problem solving skills with the ability to prioritise your workload as you will be working on multiple conflicting tasks at a time. Strong communication skills are essential with the confidence to communicate well with employees at all levels.
A CIPD qualification would be desirable, however this is not essential. Prior experience working in HR is a must.
If you feel like you have the relevant skills for this role and would like further information then please submit your CV or call Georgie on 01823 285440.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.office-angels.com/candidate-privacy