To provide high level administrative support against defined procedures, with autonomy over workload to meet business needs. Undertakes a wide range of complex administrative activities and resolves complex queries. May include delegation and monitoring of other's work.
The Office Administrator will support the Regional Facilities Manager, Assistant Facilities Manager & the Global Estates team in ensuring the smooth operation of the Southampton GTC, and supporting all staff. They will have day to day responsibility for assisting in the effective running the Southampton GTC, liaising with other Lloyd's Register departments and offices. They will be responsible for all administrative support (including Office Facilities, Employee Support, supporting the HSES Function, and other ad hoc work as requested).
- Provide a customer focused facilities service to the GTC, ensuring activities are fully compliant with health & safety legislation and Company procedures. This includes but is not limited to greeting visitors to the office, managing meeting room systems and facilities to ensure meetings run smoothly and efficiently, organising periodic supplier meetings, assisting with the work of the Facilities team and supporting any GTC Sponsored Requests.
- Responsible for raising Purchase Orders using BYD and managing payments to suppliers via the goods receipting function.
- Conducting Facilities and HSES Induction for new starters.
- Escalate issues to manager as necessary, and within any service level agreements or guidelines.
- Work as part of the local Bronze Team in Major Incident and/or Business Resilience scenarios.
- Become a key contact and work with other support functions (e.g. Finance, Technology, Moves, Maintenance, Catering, Reception, Security) to ensure that activities, processes, records and other documentation is supplied and maintained.
- Take responsibility for organising monthly and quarterly supplier reviews, including production and distribution of agenda and minutes.
- Maintain awareness of the overall environment in the building ensuring any reported problems are acted upon and closed out in a timely manner.
- Provide first line support for technical issues with meeting room and general AV equipment.
- Support and promote the use of CAFM to manage PPM and Reactive tasks.
- Assist with the development of CAFM at the GTC and other LR locations, liaising with the maintainer as required.
- Identify and suggest improvements to administration processes and procedures. Assist the Business with the implementation of new administrative processes and procedures.
- Deal with complex queries and build relationships with internal/external clients, as appropriate, including resolution of service problems.
- To coach other team members, as appropriate, to achieve effective knowledge transfer and application.
- Conduct all activities in line with internal procedures, contractual requirements, cost structures and budget constraints.
- Provide absence cover for Assistant Facilities Manager as required.
- Prioritise and process documentation/data/information in accordance with local business requirements and agreed deadlines, using designated sharepoint site to store key data.
- Support the Purchase Order Process, by requesting new Vendors in BYD and raising/receipting Purchase Orders, as well as training new members of the team in the processes.
- Support the management of Office Communication by assisting in providing information for the Regular Yammer Updates, as well as keeping the Notice Boards up to date, and dealing with all emails into the Office Management Managed Mailboxes.
- Monitor and review Environmental performance, suggesting improvement activities.
- Other ad hoc duties requested by Facilities Management and/or Global Property and Estates team.
You will have:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft packages, excel, word etc
- Prior related job experience required
- Office Administration experience required
- General understanding of health & safety within an office environment
- Excellent Client and Customer Service skills
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to take ownership of tasks from start to finish
- Ability to deal with unexpected issues in a calm and effective manner
- Fluency in written & oral English
- Ability to improve and streamline processes and advantage, but not essential
About Lloyd's Register
The Lloyd's Register Group (LR) is an independent risk management organisation and maritime classification society that helps to improve our clients' quality, safety, environmental and business performance throughout the world. This is mirrored in our mission statement "working together for a safer world".
LR offers global engineering, technical and business services, and is wholly owned by the Lloyd's Register Foundation, a UK charity dedicated to research and education in science and engineering for the benefit of the community at large. You will have the opportunity to learn from the best, working with in-house experts and benefiting from the world-class facilities and qualifications offered by our University partners. All under the roof of a purpose-built facility, designed as a collaborative workspace and equipped with the latest technology. The perfect environment for you to connect, nurture and thrive in your career. LR offers an excellent benefits package including an award winning contributory pension scheme, medical care, 23 days annual leave, flexitime, free lunch facility and a competitive salary.