Logistics Coordinator / Admin (Interior Design)
Salary: £21,000 - £25,000
Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.30pm
Based in Hammersmith
Good admin skills are essential
Our client is currently recruiting for their exciting new 'Project Coordinator' role. The successful applicant will need to have great attention to detail for this position, be confident spoken and written, and have great numeracy and IT skills.
AIM OF THE ROLE
The aim of this role is to take responsibility for and to proactively progress the tendering, purchasing, shipping and delivery to site of Fixtures Fittings & Equipment and other purchased project items. This will involve working closely with all members of the Project Team - both internal and external - and managing each assigned phase within the budget and/or programme constraints set for the phase.
- Attend regular team meetings.
- Fixtures and Fittings Experience
- Contribute to the value engineering of budgets with proposal of new specifications, liaison with Suppliers etc. so that alternative pricing can be provided.
- Suggest and contribute to the value engineering of product specifications to meet project financial needs and requirements.
- Assist in the production of presentations to the Client.
- Review specifications for completeness and contractual compliance prior to release for quote.
- Contribute to and coordinate the development of bespoke FF&E items.
- Attend site and inspection visits as required.
- Source new Suppliers with the capability and capacity to satisfy different project needs.
- Liaise with external consultants as and when required.
- Purchasing Experience
- Undertake item take off for project from drawings and schedules.
- Prepare and issue comprehensive tender enquiries, analyse return pricing and compile spreadsheet format budgets with all information saved on the Company systems.
- List projects on Company systems by index or location.
- Integrate with Project Teams to fully understand project requirements (i.e. Preambles or Brand Standards), time lines, handover dates and approved shipping methods in order to proactively contribute to the successful delivery of the project through the timely ordering of required materials.
- Ensure that any Request for Quotation requires issue by supplier of required certification such as FR Treatment.
- Issue comprehensive Requests for Quotations to suppliers.
- If required, work with senior team members when negotiating with Suppliers to achieve the best commercial deal or resolve Supplier issues.
- Ensure Requisition represents best commercial arrangement possible with supplier and then process including all necessary approvals, issue PO and issue labels.
- Ensure every PO has a confirmed receipt, and is regularly expedited to status delivery commitment.
- Expediting and Delivery Experience
- Progress all necessary payments to suppliers by liaison with Accounts.
- Where required process Letters of Credit.
- Provide Project Teams with proposals for alternative shipping methods and routes that help meet project time lines.
- Manage the shipping process, both direct and indirect, by working with freight forwarders and suppliers
- Obtain and upload all required shipping documentation, including all necessary certification and legalisation.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy