IT Applications Manager - SQL Server
My client is a non-departmental public body under the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport. Its role is to build the foundations of a community sport system by working with national governing bodies of sport, and other funded partners.
To work with the Head of IT and Senior Leadership to develop and deliver the IT strategy. To ensure IT is aligned with the business and manage the delivery and development of IT solutions which help the business become more effective and efficient.
To provide advice, knowledge and guidance to the business for the replacement of line of business systems. To influence stakeholders and decision makers to ensure the IT systems are fit for purpose.
To oversee the management of outsourced suppliers to ensure the best level of service is provided. To ensure the proper monitoring and measurement is in place to ensure systems are fit for purpose and fit for use. To advise and recommend a schedule of continuous improvement to meet future needs of the business.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Ensure the IT Applications Team supports the IT systems that Sport England staff need to carry out their jobs. This includes, Grant Management System, Office 365, Office 2016, Citrix, Dynamics GP, Proactis and other Financial applications, and all the associated software.
Ensure the IT Applications Team oversees the smooth running of our Microsoft SQL Servers and databases including transact-SQL stored procedures, SQL reports, backups, restores and all maintenance tasks
A degree, HND or recognised vocational qualification in an analytical or IT related discipline or equivalent experience.
* Previous experience of Office 365, including rollouts and supporting Office 365.
* Experience supporting Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or above, including SQL Reporting Services
* Previous experience of providing effective 2nd and 3rd line IT support within a similar sized organisation and technical knowledge and experience of supporting; Active Directory, Office 365, Office 2016, Microsoft SharePoint 2010 or above, IE11 or above, Citrix, LANDesk, iPads and iPhones
* Project support experience with; Office 365, Financial Applications.
* Proven ability to perform most technical tasks required of them without the need for supervision or instruction, with demonstrable analytical and systematic problem-solving skills.
please contact me for further info on this exciting role
Spring acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Spring Group UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: www.spring.com/candidate-privacy-information-statement